New ARMA 3 3rd Party DLC - Global Mobilization (Cold War East/West Germany)

BI announced a third party DLC (paid mod) today. Global Mobilization.

I’ve been eyeing it for awhile now. I thought it was going to be a regular mod. Guess it’s the start of the 3rd party DLCs in earnest. A bit disappointed that it will be paid, as it will reduce the community size that will play it. Mondkalb is a brilliant terrain maker and this map is ~ 400sqkm and has custom/new buildings. So, there’s that.

https://arma3.com/news/arma-3-creator-dlc?fbclid=IwAR1sQ-Grpi5kon1JlZIxg9cCTRlBgaGKGPMV9K-tlXpCrjpApOWG_aAQ-Oc#.XLewhaR7m70

https://imgur.com/r/arma/u3F7n

2 Likes

Those have been around for some time, actually. Pretty sure Jets was the first.

Wasn’t Jets DLC first party?

Mondkalb is an old gamer friend of mine from the operation flashpoint days. I bet it will be worth having as he was a very talented man :+1:

After reading the press release, it sounds like it will be a fairly complete package with a campaign and tons of new vehicles and equipment. Doesn’t seem unreasonably priced either ~$20.

Honestly I’m a little surprised mods like RHS and ACE aren’t paid. Definitely worth at least a few dollars. But then again it may be an issue paying all those who have contributed.

Looking forward to see how it turns out.

No, it was done by Bravo Zero One.

That’s what I believe is the main issue with large projects like RHS and ACE. They often take contributions from community members as well as script/code snippets that could present issues in a commercial release. There’s still scripts I wrote in '06 floating around in various projects, for example. That’s not even getting into everything that was likely lifted from the AH-64 project.

1 Like

Out Now… first look going live in 30 mins on Twitch, gotyoursixgaming…

Well they say if you don’t have anything nice to say…

potential is good, the campaign, the AI in the campaign is weak and broken, IMO… but good single player missions can be made, and a good list of co-op type MP missions…

JMO

1 Like

Here are some GM screenshots from a co-op session. Sorry for the excessive amount of screenshots.

3 Likes

That snow looks good. Plus running away from that overturned car looks like a prank that went wrong. :slight_smile:

Haha. We boosted the car to exfil and the driver clipped a tree and we had to bail. Luckily we all lived. I’m not sure about old VW bug rollover protection.

2 Likes

No such thing. :sunglasses:

Wheels

5 Likes

A bump years later because Vertexmacht have an absolutely wicked update:

Force Recon is outstanding. And, the new assets add the crazy tech of the 1980s, such as gigantic laser sights.

5 Likes

Easter eggs aside, the Force Recon mission is way, way, way, way too much fun.

Like, on par with SOG Patrols. In fact, this will work amazing as an open-ended SOG patrol once someone ports it to Cam Lao Nam, Khe Sanh, or the Bra.

1 Like

I was thinking of buying this but when I went to have a look on Steam, there are some harsh reviews of it and the comments on them seem to back up the complaints.
As it’s one of the higher priced DLC I think I’ll wait and see if it gets reduced on any sales and grab it then.

The assets are all very high quality (far above RHS or Vanilla), and the animations are the best I’d ever seen in an Arma game (although SOG:PF also has excellent weapon animations). The terrain is great, and destructible buildings are awesome.

That said, it needs more SP content. The campaign is good, but once it’s over there’s not much else to do. That might be changing with the new update though, I haven’t checked it out yet.

1 Like
1 Like

Oh man, that looks cool! Can’t wait to give it a try!

Something that bothers me is that it doesn’t look like Arma 3 - more like 2

Can you guys confirm that ARMA 3 can only be played in VR through third party software like VORPX?

1 Like