New Comanche game incoming

Multiplayer deathmatch in Comanche 3: everyone zooming around in constant VRS slinging stingers every which way.

Interestingly retreating blade stall was modelled in Comanche 3 along with ground effect and translational lift.

2 Likes

The Gazelle in MAC early access preview?

:smile:

1 Like

I still can’t believe that they cancelled the program. It was such an amazing machine.

1 Like

Especially with the detachable drones and special abilities!

Whoa…this time I think I really sprained my sarcasm muscle :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Because Big Army couldn’t get their heads out of their posteriors and quit adding more heavy junk to it and changing what was to be a scout into an attack helicopter. Turned into a way more costly and expensive aircraft that would’ve bankrupted the aviation branch.

A stealth helicopter for the main force was unnecessary. At the ranges a radar would see it stealth is already negated. Spec Ops, sure, let them have some, but terrain masking does the job for cheap for the main force.

The RAH-66 can go down in history next to the XB-70, YF-12A, and A-12 (the USN one, not the Oxcart one) as the great what-ifs of 20th century platforms.

cough cough Bradley!

1 Like

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of “Air Force” and something starting with “F” and ending with “35,” but the Bradley counts, too.

They do have some, I believe - but looks like those are kept pretty well secret. Some kind of UH-60 or S-76 derivative. So I guess the existence of those means that in principle it can be worthwhile to have stealth tech in helicopters (and that the RCS of the main rotor doesn’t fully make any attempts at stealth futile).

I’m picturing a kid in a way too big, baggy silverish suit (the kind that swishes like George Costanza’s) sitting in a way too big office chair.

The Pentagon Wars

No clue about how accurate it is but it does tick all the boxes regarding the ineptness and outlandish levels of interservice rivalry I believe exists within our military.

Wheels

3 Likes

Minute details? Probably not good enough for the rivet counters. General culture of the mil and MIC? Very accurate.

3 Likes

I LITERALLY THOUGHT ABOUT THAT!
(also the movie was great…)

3 Likes

And… SURPRISE MECHANICS!

3 Likes

LT Hangar200 working at the Pentagon was supposed to go give a routine scheduled intel brief to NAVAIR actual and his staff the day the A-12 was canceled…yeah…I called over to NAVAIR’s Flag Lieutenant and asked, “Um, do you still want your intel brief or would it be better if we skipped it?” A very depressed and stressed Flag Lieutenant said, “Yeah, let’s just skip it.” :neutral_face:

5 Likes

I think the first post doesn’t meet community guidelines. I know I at least am in need of serious counseling after watching that video.

I was all excited when I saw the thread title. I read the posts, but didn’t watch the video since I wasn’t somewhere I could listen to the audio. I thought to myself It can’t be that bad… Turns out I was wrong.

4 Likes

Didn’t the “After watching it I got sad…” tipped you off?

3 Likes

Here, this should help:

2 Likes

It’s Very Sad Really…The “War Thunder” Generation might never get to experience what a “Real” study level Combat Sim is? Pity.