New DooM game incoming!

HOLY MOLY

7 Likes

YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!

2 Likes

I’m ready for a little of the Ultra Violence.

IMG_3823

3 Likes

Huh, Doom guy in a Mech…Pretty sure I saw that…This is going to be AMAZING!

2 Likes

I am the slayer

2 Likes

I hope there’s less emphasis on arena sections, but damn that does look cool.

1 Like

There was one part in ancient gods part 1 that made me nearly go off the deep end. I hope its more freeform but i dont see how it will flow without the arenas

1 Like

Almost feels like the missing link between Quake and Doom…
I’m in love with both the music and the artistic mix of medieval and Sci-Fi.
:drooling_face:

1 Like

I liked the 2016 Doom.
I quit less than halfway through Doom Eternal.
I want the 2016 way again.
I didn’t mind the kill this way for ammo/that way for shield mechanic.
I absolutely HATED the “this weapon useless against that monster, this one only works if you shoot sweet spot first THEN switch to another to finish it” while battling different types simultaneously mechanic.

Relentless weapon swapping while having to jump all over the place AND not fall off ledges designed like you were playing a 3rd person game, not first person, just finally made me give up. I could not understand all the positive reviews for Eternal when I HATED how different it was from 2016.

If this plays the same way, I will not get it.

3 Likes

I disagree but also agree. Which is interesting.

I sat and played the entirety of 2016 in 1 sitting. My wife went to NL for the weekend and i bought loads of snacks, and just went AT it. Phenomenal game. I got up for a â– â– â– â–  about 3 times and when i killed the spider mastermind i felt

Now, eternal. The game loop i thought was amazingly well thought out. But it took far too long to get all of the bits of it unlocked and in use. It made it much harder at the late beginning of the game.

I completed it, but it made me genuinely exhausted playing it for more than an hour or so at a time. I absolutely loved the end of the game but it was certainly a slog.

The DLC however. I started it and it was amazing for the first hour then just became an arena slog with respawning enemies and no fun at all. Thats where i gave up

2 Likes