Nov 13-15 DCS World Fly-In

Here ya’ go @EinsteinEP - a little closer view…

1 Like

Some formation flying today -

Einsteins little red Mig…

Formation workshop

1 Like

I happened to catch one of the exact moments @EinsteinEP got shredded

Meeting Overlord before the mission switched

um…

How does that not yaw the crap out of the aircraft lol

I have been too busy flying, at the expense of my screenshot duties

Dead Meat touching down in an F-15

Fridge doing A-10 things

Dawn Patrol

Backseat in Einstein’s Albatross…

… Nailed it

3 Likes

@near_blind For me the preview images seem broke (the originals click through ok though). I am following up on that (it seems PNG specific) so hopefully can sort that out soon - apologies!

EDIT: It looks like DCS screenshots that have been set to PNG format in config lack a proper file header, which confuses our forum software when it tries to make bandwidth-friendly smaller versions. JPG etc are all ok straight from DCS, but not the PNGs. Investigating.

PS Away from home at the moment, loving the screens from the fly-in though!

A few from today’s action. Apologies that I don’t have a lot of names to go with airframes…busy day!

We started out with some formation flying workshop with Einstein that was a lot of fun. Quite a few dissimilar aircraft all joining up for a great time…

Then we did some A2G and A2A stuff in various locations…I did some flying in the Hawk…

Then quite a few of us spent some time flying the Su-33 off the carriers…it really is beautiful…

Thanks again for all the participation over the past three days - and thanks to those of you that helped out with servers, missions, expertise, and advice…! By my count, I think we only had one griefer in the entire three day event (Troll-something…who was a horrible shot in his attempts to disrupt things…)

BeachAV8R

3 Likes

Some 109 shots -

JJ Abrams eat your heart out

Looking good

Whoa when did this embarrassing feature get added?

3 Likes

@near_blind sucking down some petrol.

The annual meeting of the Flying Hawgs.

lozz1011 spins out of control and ends up fireballing on the runway after a Su25T on the runway turns in front of him. He also rage quits immediately afterwards. Whoever you are, lozz1011, it was fun flying with you, and I was sorry to see such an unfortunate end to our flight together. :frowning:

“Uh, isn’t that a MiG-21bis on the runway in front of you?..hello?..in front of you?..on the runway?” Senaki’s runway incident record took a major hit after our Fly-In.

When “Open Sesame” stops working.

Although it’s fun when we have a dozen folks on the same server, there’s nothing like a coordinated effort towards a common goal. Sure, the idea of “flying in a formation” might sound lame to some, but I sure enjoy and remember these moments.

What were some of your favorite moments of the weekend?

4 Likes

@BeachAV8R about to trap on the Kuz

@EinsteinEP and @AeroMechanical looking for a fight in the zone of trepidation

@Grumbles (aka Vampyr) burning towards trouble

@BeachAV8R heading back to base for tea after showing the odd malcontent what it’s about.

4 Likes

A few more from me from the Saturday and Sunday sessions.

Managed to bag a Mig-29 in Near_blind’s Cold War era mission. I was task saturated … to say the least :smile:

@near_blind and I doing the A-10C thing. Unfortunately this was my first flight in an A-10C for, what felt like years. Task saturated again but I improved as the night went on.

After the server restarted I jumped back in to an A-10C while the others went cowboy in the Su-33, taking turns buring up the carrier’s deck. This time I spent a little time surveying the battle area, killing SA-9’s (I believe) as soon as I would spot them but mark pointing all of the other AA threats. When the SA’s were cleared, it was nice to switch back to the mark points and GBU them all, quickly, one after another.

Similar shot but with the TAD up and the CDU in Markpoint mode.

RTB with minimal damage but Winchester.

Some time before all of that, @BeachAV8R was flying around in a Hawk. I had no idea that they had added weapons capabilities to that aircraft yet. I need to give her a revisit sometime soon!

Near the end of the night @near_blind was patient with me and helped me figure out how to move mud with the Mig-21. This showcases one of the best parts of these open fly-in events - getting instruction or help in how to use some of the more complex systems in DCS.

The result! Shack!

And it was great to see the help given to anyone looking to take on the challenge of landing on moving airfield :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well, I certainly enjoyed just the free-flight moments with the mass formation and I always enjoy carrier circuits. Even though carrier ops aren’t optimized, seeing another Su-33 in the pattern with the light glistening off the water and the wake…just awesome stuff.

I also enjoyed flying the combat missions on the @WreckingCrew server. The Ka-50 is so much fun and pairing up with EP along with Crew running the armor was a lot of fun… And, of course, watching @Maclean completely decimate the Blue airbase was hilarious…

Good times and thank you so much for the server hosts and all the participants that stopped by… You guys are the best and we hope to learn from this event and plan something again soon.

BeachAV8R

2 Likes

@Maclean @WreckingCrew

Here is the carnage in Huey Apocalypse… :see_no_evil:

BeachAV8R

1 Like

First I’d like to thank Mudspike for hosting this event and to those who provided servers to fly on, well done and thank you very much!

Oddly enough, some of my favorite moments were spectating from the cockpit of my crashed Bf-109. I know it’s strange to spectate on a server meant for flying, but I was fascinated by all of the different kinds of action happening on near_blinds server at one time. Whether it was watching Fridge and near_blind flying Mig 21’s and moving mud, Tankerwade flying the Sukoi off of the carrier or watching a pair of A10-Cs wrecking a tank column I was transfixed as if I was watching a great movie. I even enjoyed just listening in on EinsteinEP and Tankerwade working on their formation flying, good times!

Finally, I was struck by how cool and friendly everyone was and what a great bunch of people you all are here at Mudspike. Being on TeamSpeak really lets you get a feel for who everyone is and how special of a place Mudspike and this community are. Already looking forward to flying more missions at the next Fly-in!!

5 Likes

HAHAHA! nice editing @BeachAV8R, I laughed way to hard…10/10

ᵐˢ ᵖᵃᶦᶰᵗ ˢᵏᶦᶫᶫˢ ᵒᶠᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜʰᵃʳᵗˢ

Tankers got this…

Or not.

I do hope he can stick this landing, or I’m going to have a real short flight.

Watching the boys practice crashing from the cockpit of my F-15.

Near_Blind and Tanker boxing in a Mig.

Near_Blind almost has him.

The landing was great, I just have to remember that an F-15 is not a race car.

Near_Blind getting it done!

Looks like a lot of fun, I made it on TS for about five seconds, then drew a 3 year old agro and that was that :slight_smile: I will try hard to make the next one…

2 Likes

This is the only screenshot I have, I’m afraid. I was too busy not flying into people and learning how to do that (Thanks @EinsteinEP) to make screenshots. My best moment was the mass formation after following a formation flying workshop, then ending in a successful overhead break. Loved that moment when we parked and (almost) all of us turned out to be alive.

The image shows (from top to bottom) FDunne in an F-15C dropping flares over my Mi-8 on the rooftop, with the cargo that I just dropped in the foreground next to the lammpost. I was, and still am, very proud of this as it was the second cargo I ever dropped intact. Notice the altitude (that’s meters!)

3 Likes

Heck…just flying the Mi-8 and UH-1H are accomplishments in my book… Good on you! And thanks for coming out…we all enjoyed it…

1 Like

Finally registered.

I had tons of fun on the short times I was on on Saturday and Sunday. Caught mostly the free-flight stuff and that was fine with me. I had fun meeting new people and seeing some old acquaintances, and flying around in mass formation. Here’s the few times I remembered to smash the screenshot button.

Sorry about the DOF, I really need to remember to turn that off.

The mass formation

I’ll post more when Mudspike lets me :wink:

Thanks to everyone at Mudspike for putting this together, and thanks to all those who hosted servers and events. I had a blast and you can expect to see me around a lot more.

5 Likes

A bit late to the party but I finally remembered I still had some screens from sunday:

I only remeber the red MiG being flown by Einstein, maybe you guys can help me out with who the other Pilots were.

2 Likes