Number of Posts read

Was looking at my Profile and I saw I have read over 178,000 posts!! 178,187 to be exact since I joined. On the flip side I have posted less than 3,000 times. 2987 times before this post. That equates to just about 60 (59.65) posts read to each of my posts. Personally thought I was much more prolific with my posts but according to those stats it seems that I am the quiet shy type. :crazy_face:

So are you more of a reader, a poster, or both?

Wheels

2 Likes

I like to think that I’m 50-50 on this, but there’s no denying that whatever forum or venue I’m at, I’ve always been a fairly prolific poster…

2 Likes

Over a longer period, say the 7 or so years we’ve been around, we still (very roughly) follow the established 1/10/100 curves of internet interaction. For every person that creates posts, there are about 10 readers with accounts that read it, and then that turns into 100 ‘anonymous’ reads that include the search engines, the shy and the rage quit.

If no-one posts or creates new topics the forum dies. There’s so much other stuff to look at today, that when our posters in the 1’s in the 1/10/100 ratio stop posting it all sort of peters out and ends.

8 Likes

So I should post more? Understood!

5 Likes

More posts required, gotcha.

Memes, gifs and thread derailment are inbound from the east. Cavok, target visible, TOT 30 mikes.

Weapon away.

5 Likes

Soooo…my stupid posts are good for something??? :rofl: :sweat_smile: :rofl:

5 Likes