Nvidia GTX 1080 Reviews

Looks like some of the Nvidia GTX 1080 reviews are hitting the intertubes. Toms Hardware and, my personal favorite, ArsTechnica have published their reviews and the results are detailed and intriguing. Anandtech only has their preview up at the moment.

EDIT: I have to give a nod to Toms Hardware for providing the better article.

I am on the graphic card upgrade path from a GTX 970, hoping to get a VM set in the fall, and the 1080 looks to be, dare I say it, a good target with a potentially long life span. Seeing as the GTX 970 I have is on the low side for VR applications (flight simming immersion being the main driver for most of my hardware purchases), I may be wrong in thinking that the 1080 will suffice for a couple of years… maybe :slight_smile:

Anyway, here are the links:

Ars Technica: Nvidia GTX 1080 Review

Toms Hardware: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Pascal Review

1 Like

Hmm, I wonder how long till the Ti edition? About a year? Not sure.

Looking forward to the non-reference models with some nice cooling options of an OC.

I am looking forward to these as well.

One interesting counterpoint … if you are not doing 4K and VR, it is possibly worth waiting to upgrade from something like a 970/980+. Sure there are gains but the cost/benefit is preceived to be a little lower: http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/17/11689352/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-hands-on-review

1 Like

I think it would definitely be worth waiting for pure gaming benchmarking in titles we play as a group here if coming from a 970/980. A lot of the things that we like are CPU bound rather than GPU, so like you said - unless we’re getting new monitors and headsets at the same time then it is tempting to wait just a bit more.

Either way it’s gonna be nice to get rid of the 760, or what @BeachAV8R?

Oh man…the day the replacement arrives I’ll be like a kid in the candy store. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m a kid right now. I’m still debating if I should get the 1070 and wait for HBM2 or get the 1080 and see how GDDR5X handles :confounded:

1 Like

GTX 1070 reviews are hitting the streets:

Polygon

and

Toms Hardware

at the moment.

1 Like