NVIDIA unveils 65-inch 4K 'Big Format Gaming Displays' with G-SYNC

That’s what I saw at first as well so I went into my NVIDIA Control Panel and for some reason the refresh rate was set ot 30Hz … for some reason that’s the default? Luckily I had the 60Hz option for the 3840x2160 resolution.

I think older model TV’s have a 30Hz limit at 4K unfortunately which is ok for watching movies but not ok for computer monitor use. I’m glad you’re liking the 1080p!

1 Like

Yes, YES!!! My TV is only about a year old so I may be in luck… I’m at work (not for long) I hope I can turn this up. I ran at something like that res 3xxxx by 2xxxx. It looked Amazing. I will have to ditch my boss hahahaha
I almost took a sick day today… I wish I had

1 Like

And… it worked. At 3840 x 2160 i am getting 60 fps. Pure and unflinching. I need some work before this becomes my new spot… but there’s no turning back.
Samsung UA65KU7000.

65"!! I’m going to call that “Maximum Hugeness” in terms of desktop monitors. :smiley: Welcome to the club!

1 Like

OK, now I’m REALLY starting to get excited about using these new 4K TV’s as computer monitors. I haven’t had a lot of time to test stuff out but tonight I got around to testing a couple of real framerate hog shooters, namely PUBG and SQUAD.

First of all, @Maico … check your TV settings for an HDMI 2.0 Format: Enhanced setting (vs Standard). Enhanced is specifically designed for 4K at 60Hz with 4:4:4 chroma subsampling (I know … fearlessfrog lingo … look it up).

Also, look for a Picture Mode: Game setting. (My TV tells me this helps with PC and Console input lag but I’ve never encountered any … it definitely brightens up the picture though). Another setting to check for is HDMI Dynamic Range … if you have it, set it to Full … it helps when entering darkened rooms.

PUBG (Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds) was laboring at 4K but it still looked beautiful with ULTRA settings at around 35 - 45 FPS … quite playable. I could either tune down my settings or revert to another 16:9 resolution like 2560x1440 to hit that 60Hz cap.

Then I tried SQUAD at 4K with EPIC settings and MY MIND WAS BLOWN!!!

ci

Framerates approaching 100!!! I have no idea what’s going on there but when you’re looking around for tango’s with that framerate and a 60" screen its unbefookinleavable!

4 Likes