Nvidia unveils Pascal GPU - 16GB of memory

Available probably around mid-2016. Confirmed to be able to play ‘pong’ at 16k resolution :wink:

With some more detail here:

The push to VR is really going to place demands on consumer PC tech. Which is great for flight sims and will drive prices down on existing tech (in theory).

3 Likes

Seems a bit much…Price on that bad boy is going to be Huge!!! I was just looking at upgrading from my 570 to the new 950. lol

Now the question is is 16GB overkill? A 980 TI is 6gb. and is $700 USD.

Yeah…I have a GTX 760 and wonder if there is some meaningful upgrade I should do to my GPU… I’m totally clueless on CPUs and RAM and all that stuff these days…but this is what I have…

Intel i7-4770K @ 3.50GHz (not overclocked)
16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64
GeForce GTX 760
Samsung EVO 850 SSD

Any use in investing in more GPU or is there a bottleneck somewhere else?

I would say the 760 is your bottleneck but I cant imagine it being that much of a bottleneck. However A 980 would probably future proof you for a while. the 980 is $500 USD i think where as the 980TI is $700.

The the real question is do you have an issue with any of your games/sims right now? Or is everything good?

The other thing is Black friday is coming up so you might get a great deal on a better card.

1 Like

I’m pretty happy with what I have. I’d say the most intense application I run is perhaps X-Plane with some of the heavier scenery packages like Aerosoft Alaska + the HD Mesh…but even that gives me passable FPS. I don’t know that I need to spend $500 for an improvement on already good I guess…(but you know how that is…you just WANT to have more…LOL…)

Oh yeah…forgot about the whole Black Friday / Cyber Monday thing. I’ll keep an eye out for specials…

Thanks!

1 Like