Off-Road Paradise: Trial 4x4 (VR)

So I picked up this VR title in the Steam Sale yesterday and my son and I have been having sooooo much fun playing it. It really showcases VR in a fantastic way. I showed it to my mother-in-law (who has never seen VR) and she said the waves and sky were just so soothing that she could stay there for hours.

The game is just a level-game where the challenges get progressively harder. The VR view system is perfect…I mean, I was skeptical of the somewhat fixed view angles (you can cycle through them), but they are perfect for VR, give a great perspective on things…and simply look stunning.

The vehicle physics are really fun - the goal is to hit the little tikis, navigate the course, and hit the flag at the far end of the course. The first levels are pretty easy - other levels require a lot of precise driving, balancing, and planning where your vehicle is going to either jump, slide, or crash. There is a nifty little damage model…and overall it is a first rate VR experience. As you earn points, you upgrade your vehicle, paint, change types, etc…

Some video I shot…but it doesn’t give you the true feel of what it looks like in VR - it is just fantastic…(it can also be played in non-VR) (no sound in the video because FRAPS for some reason doesn’t record my VR audio…) (just making VRoooming sounds with your own mouth)

https://youtu.be/S8_XngODiPY

Available for $6.49 now during the Steam sale…

Wow, you have to be kidding me. Offroading is an idea for VR that should have been as obvious as the friggin’ sun to me. Nope, over my head!

Cripes, I’d love VR in Spintires.

So, you watch from a standbyer perspective? Like you would when driving a RC car…
Looks cool!

Edit: I see there is a first person view as well…

Yes…it is very well done though. The view angles are spectacular and the VR aspect of it is really well thought out. Even though there IS a first person view…I find myself not using it much…it is way better and more visually stunning from the “fly by” views (of which there are multiple to choose from)…

1 Like

Man…I’m loving this game…spent another 30 minutes playing it this evening and it is so much fun… Other than FlyInside for X-Plane and DCS World - this has been my favorite VR game thus far…

1 Like