Official 5th Annual Mudspike Christmas Flight - discussion thread

You talking about East Maine? That deal didn’t go through? :thinking: :rofl:

1 Like

That’s more like it! :rofl:

…how about, “Well, so much for ORBX’s East Maine scenery package.” :wink:

On a serious note:

Is anybody using FSX or P3D for this flight. I am about start to build a PAAT for FSX - redo the runways, add a few custom buildings and some generic airport eye candy, and probably a bit of the surrounding terrain. Not a big project but would like to know if it is “worth the powder”…a single “Yes” will suffice. :slightly_smiling_face:

For our European Brothers…did you know that the U.S. bought Alaska from Russia?…just say’n, there is some precedent for the whole Greenland thing…:grin:

2 Likes

What is that?

I’m sure that I’ll use P3D at some point, since I usually alternate between that and XP11 as the keg leg dictates. So yes and TIA.

1 Like

Copy. I think FSX scenery works in P3D. (does P3D use .bgl files?) I’ll gen up a little something and send it as a test.

When you’ve had so much to drink that you put your hands out in front of you to find the bathroom.

2 Likes

Synthetic vision is where, instead of the traditional ‘blue over brown’ attitude indicator, you see a representation of the 3D terrain ahead of you on the PFD. Kind of a flight sim representation of the terrain with all the usual PFD information overlaid.

3 Likes

OK…I had heard it called something different. FSWidgets has something similar - XTAWS - stand alone for XP11 - can use it with any aircraft. (I helped test it).

Yep I’ll be in FSX for this one. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes it is. Most new business jets come with it now, and I was flying a G1000 equipped King Air that had it about 10 years ago now. I believe that the new C-Series (I refuse to call it the A220) has it too. To be honest, I would trade the EVS system on the Global XRS for Synthetic Vision in a heartbeat.

1 Like

So…working the FSX scenery for PAAT… @BeachAV8R, you know that this whole place is like just the LORAN station and an itty bitty transient ramp…:open_mouth: I’m going to miss the tropical Tiki bar from last year’s destination. :grin:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Official 2019 Mudspike Christmas Flight AAR thread

Turn off the fuel dumps :wink::rofl:

4 Likes

Umm…not to be nit picking…I thought there was another thread for AARs…

3 Likes

Beach you confused your-self completely :smile:

Initialy :

Later :

And now your AAR back here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did. I think what confused me was someone (cough) asked for an AAR thread when it was stated at the top of this one to add your AAR to this thread. So now I’m definitely confused. But I do have the power to move my post!

And done…

wipe1

5 Likes

I didn’t notice that line, it was just that I was used to having the screens and AARs of the Christmas Flight in a Screens & AARs topic separate from the announcement thread. I thought we used to do that in previous years. I should have read properly before posting.

You also have the power to move all of the posts from the other thread to this one. Just do it if this confuses you, because it is probably confusing to more people then.

Yeah…I could lock the other one too since it was informational. But then again, watching me be confused can be pretty entertaining…

confused1

3 Likes