Official Thread for the November 13-15 Mudspike DCS World Fly-In

Saturday – time to start The Highway, an old favorite.

Look for the ‘Mudspike Fly-In Hollo Pointe’ server on v1.2, for those on the released version.

Check out The Highway – fly down the four-lane to Gelendzhik Airbase to refuel and rearm. Then attack Novorossiysk! Combined Arms can play a deciding role for Red or Blue. The aircraft battle is COOP Blue.

WC

Will be on in about an hour, @WreckingCrew!

Couldn’t log into Teamspeak, It says I need to log in with a nickname security level of 10. I’m not exactly sure what that means, but mine is at 9, and I’m not sure how to increase it. -Woogey

That’s an interesting problem, Woogey. Has anybody else had this problem?

1.5 Server just crashed I assume? During taxi I got kicked off, can’t find it in the server list now. :frowning:

I’m not sure why folks are seeing that problem, but if you click “OK” on that dialog box it should automatically update you permissions.

I’ll look into to why it’s doing that and fix it.

I didn’t have more time unfortunately, but the bit of formation flying we did was fun and I hope I can join you for some more missions in the future.
Thanks for organizing this event! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It happened to me as well but I did do what you suggested and all was fine.

What a great time! Thanks to everyone who participated!

And a huge round of applause for @WreckingCrew, @Derbysieger, and @near_blind for hosting the very first Mudspike Community Event. Couldn’t have done it without you guys!

8 Likes

Had a great time, thanks to everyone who made this happen. Can’t wait for the next one.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who hosted servers and organized this weekend, and thanks to everybody involved for making it what we call “gezellig” here ( Gezelligheid - Wikipedia )

1 Like

Thanks all who made this possible, had a fun time the limited amount RL would allow and I met some rally nice people who I hope to fly with again in the future :smile:

1 Like

Wish I could’ve been online for more than just Saturday evening, but I had a blast with you guys when I was online! Hope to do it again soon!

Thanks for the fly in this weekend, ended up not getting on as much as I had wanted but still had some fun honing some skills.

So mad I couldnt make it. I was really looking forward to flying with all you guys. @EinsteinEP Thanks for setting this up. Sounds like it was a great success.

With that said I hope to be taking to the virtual skies Friday and Saturday. A little X plane and a lot of DCS and Falcon.

I had a lot of fun Saturday afternoon, evening, Thanks for hosting this. Unfortunately ended up not getting on as much stick time as I had hoped but hopefully next time home life won’t be as demanding.

I just filled an almost empty F-15C and then an Su-33 with fuel from a big friendly aircraft flying in the vicinity. :smiley:
This was the first time I was able to succesfully partake in this marvel of technology, instead of sharing some paint with the friendly plane, and then having one or both of us violently submit to Gaia’s gravitational pull.

I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who helped set up this event! I kept thinking of @EinsteinEP’s formation flying lesson; I had never thought air-to-air refueling would ever feel this easy. Especially in the F-15. Setting your curve between 25-30 also helps.
Note: without TrackIR! But I’m still gonna buy it.

A shitty screenshot, but my heartbeat goes up and my pupils dilate when I see this.

4 Likes

hi ya boys long time no see been looking for ya all,how ya all doing.temp told me ya moved on pete

1 Like

Pete! @petethehatch

Good to see you!

WC

Welcome to Mudspike @petethehatch!

You can type a user’s name with an @ symbol before it and it’ll notify them.

Portsmouth eh? I’ve been there a bit - they still got that tower near The Hard and HMS Victory?