Old Yankee Air Pirate 2 Vietnam movie

I did some cleaning up and found this in my old bookmarks…

This is a movie I made in 2009(!) :flushed:

I used the sim Yankee Air Pilot 2 and some movie editing software. My idea was to give it a real Vietnam Combat pilot movie feel using the right sound track. I admit it’s bit slow edited, but remember the old movies were all a lot slower :innocent:

I think it’s worth watching all the way, it got some nice moments… intro, takeoff, flying the clouds, the bomb run and the return to base. Well… maybe I’m just nostalgic

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8kpei

10 Likes

:slight_smile: Really not bad, especially considering the very limited “artistic support” the game had.

Very nice video, brought back a lot of memories. Now, where is that DCS F-4? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Excellent soundtrack :+1:

North Vietnam as a DCS map would be spectacular. The Falklands and Marians have great promise, but why no Hanoi, Red River Valley, Hai Phong, Yankee Station, etc really is a mystery.

1 Like

An awesome film. I really got into it.

I did a Haiphong circa 1968 for [email protected]…long story but I didn’t do anything with it after I got done. This may inspire me to do something

1 Like

Enjoyed the video. :sunglasses:

Wheels

Any movie or clip with Magic Carpet Ride is a winner…

1 Like

Man. That game was so much better before TK hard codes the cloud density and cloud level out…

That was a really cool movie. Me and my son watched it while we were having breakfast.

Made a nice change from watching “tanks crush the cars daddy” so thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great video - cheers!