ORBX Oregon TrueEarth

So I’m going page by page (25 pages!) through the X-Plane.ORG user downloads section and trying to populate my ORBX Oregon TrueEarth HD scenery. ORBX populates the region with over a thousand “points of interest”, some of which are airport features. But often, user creations are a bit more detailed or at least offer some personalized touches to the airports. To my surprise, lots of older sceneries (back to 2013-14) still work and look pretty good when working with the ORBX scenery.

Here are some from last night’s explorations. Many of these are creations by the awesome RikNilsson and can be found on the ORG by just putting “Oregon” in the file search box. I was going to link all of these, but honestly, that was just a lot of work. Included below are:

KRDM
S05
KPDX
5S4
KOTH
5S3
OR23
5S0
KONP
S45
OR04

I have about 30 or so more airports that I’ve downloaded and will be testing out…pictures to follow soon.

8 Likes

Lol I was going to link all the files but that was too much work so here’s photos instead :wink:

1 Like

Those ARE some really nice airports.:sunglasses:

Wheels

Just recently was lurking through the XP free scenery downloads and was wondering if the older packages still work ( as there are many old files ). Thx for trying it.

1 Like

Same - looking at them for Raleigh, Charlotte, and a few other spots.

Tried a few more today. Some of the airports that might use some older libraries might have some lower resolution runway markings…but they really don’t look bad. I might have to take some of them out and compare them to what ORBX put in there…not sure which will be better.

Anyway…this is (variously):

KSLE
KHIO
KAST
KPFL
12OR
4S1
62S
5OR3
0OR9
KBOK
3S8