Orbx TrueEarth US Washington for X-Plane 11

Uh oh…mine is slowing down too. Word is out.

My connection sped up again after I went to bed… factoring in the decompression period after the download completes, hopefully I will be up and running by lunchtime.

I can’t wait to try it out. I started a new Air Hauler company in the region yesterday. :slight_smile:

It sounds like Orbx are planning to work down the West coast towards SOCAL. I’ll most likely get each of those regions too when they release (Oregon, NorCal and SoCal).

3 Likes

Not surprisingly…it looks awesome. Haven’t had much time to explore it…but this is around Seattle and towards the west near Sekiu… I haven’t had time to explore how it works with Drzer-whiskytangofox’s Seattle scenery…

6 Likes

Stunning… I’m within a few minutes of finishing up the download. How long did it take for the decompression to run?

Btw, nice Seminole. I might have to get that sometime as I did my multi-engine training in one of those (ATP flightschool).

1 Like

About 30 minutes I think - I went to bed before it was done, but based on the progress bar, I think it was around that much.

If you go for a Seminole, I would not go for the one in my picture (the Aerosphere one) - it is looking pretty dated. The Alabeo one might be better…

2 Likes

Great, thanks for the info. I’ll probably pick the Alabeo one up when they next have a sale.

1 Like

+1 and it works well in XP11. First class ride IMO.

Orthophoto clean-up mode, engaged…

1 Like

I’d post some additional screens of the Seattle area, but I haven’t had a moment to take out the Drzewiecki Design Seattle scenery. When I tried to, I wasn’t impressed in comparison to what I had, but I’m not sure if it just went to default instead of ORBX. I need to scrutinize my scenery.ini file. So don’t trust these shots.

The first few are legit ORBX ones from across the Narrows at Vashon…

This is approaching downtown - but this is Drzewiecki Design scenery still…which is very good, but pretty FPS hungry…

I then took out the Drzewiecki Design airports - and Boeing Field looked sorta blah…definitely not as good as Drzewiecki - but again, I don’t know if my ORBX order is screwed up, so take this with a grain of salt…

And downtown with Drzewiecki removed, but I’m not sure if ORBX is up in the loading order - I only had a few minutes to mess with this, so hopefully Paul can post some better shots…

1 Like

Nice shots Chris! I’ll post a few of mine a bit later. Regarding airports and city scenery, I don’t think we can expect it to be as good as a dedicated package for a small area such as Seattle. Much will still be autogen in this package, and there are many airports in the coverage area. I’ll post some of the city though as I only had the vanilla scenery before TrueEarth.

1 Like

“Then I broke the seventh seal and lo, True Earth US Washington was released. My transition from FSX to XP11 became inevitable.”

4 Likes

Enjoying TE Washington, but noticed a couple of things:

1. TE Washington doesn’t improve the default airports, I expected those would be included as in FSX version.
  2. Either I’m running into an issue or the coverage stops at the city of Everett and I expected it to go farther north. I posted a support issue over on their support forum to confirm:
    [resolved] TE Washington Ends at Everett? Is this an issue? - X-Plane 11 Support Forum - Orbx Community and Support Forums

Otherwise it looks great, here’s a shot just south of KSEA.

2 Likes

It looks like they missed a tile… looking straight down over KPAE I get this:

I’ll add the above image to the thread you posted on the OrbX forum.

1 Like

So, for me at least, the culprit was the Allan and Burrows Island scenery by Propstrike Studios. Removing it fixed the problem.

3 Likes

Nice find Paul. I wonder if there is a way to perhaps to make them work together. Maybe in scenery_packs.ini move…

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Allan and Burrows Island - a/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Allan and Burrows Island Mesh - b/

below…

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_Washington_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/

but above…

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_iBY_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/

1 Like

That might work Dan, I’ll give it a try and report back.

So, on my scenery_packs.ini file the SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_iBY_Library/ entry was quite a long way up the list. So I moved it down with the SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/ line, and then moved the Allan and Burrows entries below the Washington TE entries as you describe above.

That gave partial success in that the OrbX scenery was working, and the 3D objects from the Allan and Burrows scenery were there, but the ground textures were from True Earth which are not as high resolution.

I moved the SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Allan and Burrows Island - a/ above the True Earth entries, and VOILA !

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Dan!

2 Likes

Well done Paul. Mine was a little more involved, mostly due to mother nature, who felt that the TE Washington needed 4 power outages during download, conversion, and installs.

I was getting CTDs initially with the same positioning in scenery_packs.ini as you. I removed then reinstalled Allan/Burrows, which punted it to the top of the list. This time it would load, but KBVS, where my AH company is based, showed no objects or detailed tiles. So, I placed the two Allan/Burrows entries below KBVS (well above Obx entries), and everything came up perfectly. Sometimes it does feel more art than science.

It was 2AM before I was able to actually do some exploring. Took a quick hop in the default Baron from Pearson up to KBFI and around Seattle a bit with xE. Was about 5k over in most spots by thinned near KSEA. Amazed to see all of the rail moving around the railyard among other details. More when able.

4 Likes

Thanks Paul, good detective work, I should have thought of that, even after having been on the XP11 side of things for a couple of years now I still have no idea how the order works, XOrganizer covers up some of my cluelessness but not. this time.

Nice Washington State airport guide that has some nice information for those who want to do some exploring. I’m ready for you Air Hauler 2!

6 Likes

That is awesome @BeachAV8R! Thanks!

1 Like