Orbx TrueEarth US Washington for X-Plane 11

2 Likes

The video from the sneak peak. It looks fantastic. Available June 2019 according to the video closing shot.

4 Likes

So…is this in place of ORBX’s PACNORWEST…or whatever it was called for FSX? (then P3D)

It will be interesting to see where the scenery boundaries are located. IMHO there is much more to be seen along the coast and into Portland OR than the eastern part of WA. Interesting indeed.

I think so yes. Given the name they might be planning state by state. I’d obviously like it if they did up to Vancouver, BC and Victoria (which is further south than northern WA) but would be pleasently surprised. The UK was in three separate packages so expecting this not to be that large.

Looks gorgeous though, plus a nice area to fly.

2 Likes

The like button worked

1 Like

It would be great if they did the entire PNW clear up to at least Anchorage. Wishful thinking maybe, but it would make for some stunning flying.

2 Likes

I’ll be happy if they do the bridge at Deception Pass. That’s where a lot of Whidbey Island squadrons do their photos.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they did it for Orca (KORS) or Anchorites (74S) in FSX.

Yep, sure did.

They even had the power lines:

They had the refinery too:

A nice place to fly.

1 Like

More info.

3 Likes

210GB with the HD pack installed! I guess I’m due for that new SSD. And maybe a video card; I’ve been content with my 1080, but now…

This might tip me over the edge to give X-Plane it’s own, dedicated SSD. It looks amazing though. If they are recommending a CPU clocked to 4.6 GHz for the hi-res textures, that will mean VR is not going to be a viable option.

Doh! CYVR, so close (I edited it on with a red dot myself)… Still Victoria is nice, as it is under the 49th parallel. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I just heard the door slam as my CPU just left the building… wowsas, that HD pack!

1 Like

Hot damn that looks good

1 Like

I think we are getting close. TE Washington just popped up in the FTX Central app, and links to the store page… but no Buy button just yet.

3 Likes

Downloading now!!! :sunglasses::smile:

1 Like

Me too!

1 Like

And of course, my internet connection has decided to get real slow… I sure wish we could get cable out here!