Osiris: New Dawn

Heard good things. ARK Survival style game but in space. A sort of No Man’s Minecraft (Again). Early access, so usual warnings.

The live player broadcasts probably offer the best summary of gameplay.

Steam Community :: Osiris: New Dawn

Gameplay vid here:

How many people are going to name their guy Watney?

3 Likes

More huge monsters but less potatoes :poop: , but similar…

… I may have bought it.

1 Like

Schrödinger’s shop! :slight_smile:

Let us know how it is. I’m not a huge dino fan (being no longer 10 years old) so something like ARK but not quite in its setting I’m curious about.

I watched Interstellar first, I couldn’t bring myself to root for Matt Damon marooned on another planet after that

2 Likes

If I ever get on a space ship and Matt Damon’s on it, I’m getting right back off. Could be the last one off a dying planet. No thanks, I’ll take my chances on the ground.

Same with Tom Hanks. Any plane, ship, rocket, etc. Nope nope nope.

3 Likes

Here’s almost the trillion dollar man at this point:

Courage Under Fire (Gulf War 1 helicopter rescue): $300k
Saving Private Ryan (WW2 Europe search party): $100k
Titan AE (Earth evacuation spaceship): $200B
Syriana (Middle East private security return flight): $50k
Green Zone (US Army transport from Middle East): $50k
Elysium (Space station security deployment and damages): $100m
Interstellar (Interstellar spaceship): $500B
The Martian (Mars mission): $200B

TOTAL: $900B plus change

1 Like

4 Likes

Or send a single capsule with Ben Affleck using a very small rocket with no return to earth technology - then he’ll have a buddy to help harvest potatoes. (And contribute poop)…

SIlly Americans- the first Gulf war was Iran vs Iraq. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So far I’m really enjoying it. For an early access game it seems really polished.

Love the graphics and the soundtrack.

Another thing I really like is the private game instances let you invite other players. It’s hosted on their servers so you don’t have to worry about having a dedicated server or wondering if your host will be around when you want to play.

2 Likes

It looks like an Elite starship should land and rescue you.

Mmm that’s looking really nice @boomerang10 - temptation level at 10 and rising. Eek.

Right? Or at least drop off a care package with some whisky.

2 Likes

If I manage (as I hope) to get back on the grid next month, I’ll be dropping some precious Lavian Brandy for you! :wink: