P3D v3.4 released

Way too much changed/new to post it all here so will link. Of personal interest is the Rift/Vive support now directly in the sim. Goodbye FlyInside I suppose. Well, at least I got to use it for a couple of months :smiley:

Prepar3D now supports the consumer versions of the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. Both Virtual Reality (VR) headsets are seamlessly integrated into the application. New VR enabled views automatically become available when a headset is connected to your PC and fully support head tracking and positioning and immersive stereoscopic rendering. New VR views can also be easily added or configured through the Camera SDK.

FYI, I installed the new install_Client.msi, but of course it didn’t like one of the VRS Super Bug DLLs. So, I have reverted to the previous version.

Office info here: Latest News – Prepar3D

I’d give the VRS guys a week or so to release a patch, updates tend to break the Bug until they release a new installer.

Maybe we can ditch EZDOKwith 3.4???

Nope 3.4 doesn’t replace Ezdok. But ‘ChasePlane’ might:

http://fsfxpackages.com/en/blog/2016/09/21/introducing-chaseplane/

Beta in November, full release next year.

1 Like

I just saw that a bit ago watching Froogle’s update for the week. I’ll be looking out for that for sure.

Executive summary: don’t update to 3.4 until VRS puts out a patch and don’t throw away FlyInside even if they do, because the P3D support for VR is camera only and no UI to the cockpit in VR.

Discussion concerning Superbug with 3.4: VRS Support Forums • Login

P3D software engineer comment on camera view only: [Resolved] Mouse in VR? - Prepar3D Forums