Persian Gulf for DCS World (formally known as Straits of Hormuz)

In addition to fixing a few remaining bugs and further tuning the map, our map team is already at work expanding the low-detail around the map and adding two new Iranian airfields. These two airfields, Kerman and Shiraz, or inland from the Persian Gulf and will add some great gameplay options for both new campaigns and online play. These will significantly expand the range between bases in the UAE/Oman and Iran.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter11052018-dcce90b5b3081c3725ec0c6c12120d6b.html?bx_sender_conversion_id=3641328

From the newsletter today, emphasis mine. I am both pleasantly surprised and extremely pleased with these developments. Awesome sauce, ED.

4 Likes

Yeah, dont want to waste all that space!

8 Likes

Flew around over the NTTR, today, dreaming the PG had been released… It’s going to be a great theatre!

2 Likes

Soooo…Kuwait is a possibility in a later,expandable update…perhaps?..maybe?..pretty please??? :slight_smile:

1 Like

No plans that I have heard of. But begging never hurt anyone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just realized (Google help) how enormous Iran is (total square km or miles) compared to Iraq. It is enormous.

636,000 sq mi vs.169,000 sq mi

3 Likes

giphy

2 Likes
1 Like

Some comparatives…
vs caucasus

vs NTTR

In the black box zone enter all Syria or great part of Afganistan. If the map can be “expanded” to indian / pakistan coast or put on vertical, the Afganistan map can be add “easy” from russian republics to the arabic sea.

7 Likes

Super Tankers for Persian Gulf Map

An important aspect of the Persian Gulf is its traffic of super tankers coming to and from. For the new Persian Gulf Map, we have added this new static object that is built into the map. These are in addition to cargo ships and various types of pleasure craft. Just like cars, truck, buses, and trains for the ground, we also want to create a more “lived in” look for the sea parts of the map.

Also in today’s images, we see an example of one of the highly-factious skins; in this case, Israel. We fully realize this is not a realistic skin, but we also have many customers from various countries that do not operate the Hornet, but still wish to fly their Hornets in their countries liveries.

3 Likes

Will the new cargo ships be full fledged editor units, or only available to the civilian traffic generator?

Also where’s kawaii moe’ school girl skin for Japan?

3 Likes

Could you land with a helicopter or Harrier on it?

3 Likes

Can you blow them up?

1 Like

Yes.

2 Likes

Not yet, but I think its requested internally.

1 Like

Dope!

1 Like

Do they not have a wake yet?

They arent moving, so no. I imagine when we get ones in the ME that we can make move and such they will.

3 Likes

I remember reading about oil tankers waiting around ports, for weeks, waiting for the oil price to increase, before they unload…

Is this the situation in the PG, as well?

If so, stationary tankers may be quite realistic…

1 Like

From what I remember, yes. I’ll double check with a friend of mine who’s a chief mate on tankers.

1 Like