Personalized Textures - The Outcome

Heheh, thanks.
By no means it’s perfect, but it’ll do for now… as soon as I finished the rest I hope the official templates will be out and I’ll fix it.

Otherwise I’ll simply pixel-by-pixel fix it.
Easily noticeable on the top nose and top side of the intakes…

Ah @Fridge, you’ll obviously find the skin under both Canada and USA nationality…

Edit: I’d like to add that while i thought about modifying the reflections/speculars it’s maybe something I’d like to discuss on a personal base with each one of you.
Simply because :

1. ED has still not finished tweaking them so it’s a bit risky.
  2. could make the plane a bit too carnivalesque.
  3. you may actually not want it at all! :slight_smile:

Above all I NEED and want to thank impressive @SkateZilla for his incredible, priceless and thorough help with dealing with the intricacies of DCS skinning. And his patience with me… :stuck_out_tongue:
I did a lot of stuff for many different sims but I dropped ball almost a year ago- so there was some catching up to do…

Please give a big applause/thank to him- all of this would have taken (even) longer without him, if possible at all.
:raised_hands: :clap: :raised_hands: :clap: :raised_hands: :clap: :raised_hands: :clap: :raised_hands: :clap: etc. etc. etc.

1 Like

I am a big fan of his … wart(hog)s and all. That one has a tough job that I would not want to do :slight_smile:

Actually, I have no idea what this would do. I am not a graphics magician :-). Just one of the lowly peasants tending the fields around that strange, black wizards tower.

2 Likes

No worries, it’s brutally simple. Those are simply effects you can add on top of a texture to make it look like it’s more or less mirror like rather than matte. So I was considering, for example, to leave the normal gray part of the texture as it is but to make the noseart or the tailplanes (for example Sryan ones) much more “shiny” as they were actually painted over. Glossy, if you want.

Now, probably no respectable modern day, dwon to earth, stable of mind pilot would want any part of his plane glossy, but…

@Navynuke99 skin…

As happened with the others, it ain’t perfect but at least I know how to fix it fast; and again if there’s anything you need adjusted, just shoot away! You’re the customer!

4 Likes

@Freak kindly asked me top show his newly finished skin for his Mirage.

I can see now it’s a bit lacking about IDs and Serials and such- but as I say always: If there’s something else I can help you with, just ask! :smiley:

Now, unto the screengrabs!

PS: Ohgawd how much I love Mudspike drag&drop feature! :stuck_out_tongue:
PPS: Parrot on the tail is hand painted. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Wow, I am absolutely stunned by the beauty of this French girl in Frisian colours!
Thanks again, @komemiute!
The parrot is wonderfully done, and the “pencil streak” hand-written motto fits in there perfectly!
The foot is placed very nicely on that hatch, as if I kicked it shut with a dirty foot :joy:

I so can’t wait to fly her!

2 Likes

Glad to read this! :smiley:
I was a bit worried about the black intake cones but I think they work pretty nice- kind of elegant?

In any case- let me know what you think of it!

1 Like

It works so wonderfully in this context, I hadn’t even noticed them initially!

1 Like

Thanks!
I tried another thing and it looks like there’s a problem with the droptank.
I’ve got to look into this but let’s say in this first version the tank is just white as normal.

Sorry…

Nice job!

Oh! Wow, Sir.
Thanks! I’m just a humble self taught! :slight_smile:
Really, thanks!

Fearless Official (?) Mudspike Cavalry Skin.

Wish there was more space on the Door- Maybe on the nose?
Let’s see @fearlessfrog opinion. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow - that logo art is fantastic. If it can be bigger anywhere, like the nose, then I say go for it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yeah! I’ll do it as soon as I’m back at home tonight. Also the reason why I didn’t provide you yet with a download link.
Thank you all! :smiley:

Loving my updated Mirage!

Thank you so much for making me this, @komemiute !

I got this super-cool personal helmet

And beautifully painted tanks as well

Visit the DCS screenshots thread for more pictures.

2 Likes

I must be honest I always liked helmets in Top Gun so I went for a little gaudy one.
Glad you like it, but if you want I can make anything else. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK guys- if everything goes accordingly this actual week is my last one of work.
Will follow up a whole Royal Week of Vacation- from Friday to the next, next-up Monday- and then eventually
back to my apartment where I’ll be able to re-start my DCS skin works.

And the rest too…

Why the post? I’m about to start screaming- at work- and needed a relief valve to let my mind off…
Dammit, life would be much easier if all the people at work had a proper feffefjsfsfking functional brain.

sigh

I’ll survive, I’ll pull through.
Sorry for all this…

Ciao.

2 Likes

No problem! We all lament working with people with no functional brain :slight_smile:

4 Likes

2 Likes