PMDG B737-800 MSFS

Anyone have opinions on this please?

One of the best if not the bestest airliner for MSFS.
Also with Leonardo MD80.

1 Like

Yeah it’s great. If you don’t care about it being an 800, the 600 is cheaper and offers the same performance/system depth, just shorter and rarer to real life routes.

I would also recommend the Fenix A320 on the bus side.

1 Like

Sadly I do. I am starting to learn the 800 , teaching on a real sim. I have the manuals, I just need to learn the switches and procedures.

4 Likes

It should be good for that. PMDG recommend people grab the real life FCOM for it, so should be ok. It uses its own AIRAC cycle rather than the MSFS one, so for latest nav data I have a Navigraph subscription that updates it. It’s not super old, but it’s not current if you’re doing proc training for real.

1 Like

I should say as well that on the X-Plane side there is the free Zibo 737-800X, but I can’t attest to its accuracy or system’s depth compared to the PMDG. On XP-11 it did used to be fun. Zibo Mod B737-800X » X-Plane 12

3 Likes

I have the -600 and -900 versions. And they are the best out there.

An EFB is coming sometime before the next ice age, so there is that.

2 Likes

With one exception there is no difference between the -600, -700, -800, -900 and -800ER and -900ER. The notable exception is the air conditioning panel. The -600 and -700 uses the old gen single cabin temperature rheostat where the -800 and up have zone controllers with trim air.

2 Likes

The Zibo is really good, but PMDG is in a class of their own. Nothing can even come close to touching them, except perhaps ProSim.

2 Likes

The 737-800 sim at work runs on prosim. This is why I want the practice for switch positions and standard procedures.

1 Like

If you’re wanting non-normal procedures as well, PMDG has pretty robust failure system built into the FMC. Not quite as nice as an instructor station but it gets the job done and will likely get better once the EFB finally comes out.

3 Likes