Pop quiz - suggest an aircraft with 25,000 lbs. MTOW

3 Likes

I briefly had a thought to buy an RQ-4 Global Hawk, fire Destiny, and have the drone fly shrimp all over Idaho and Washington, but I knew @smokinhole would quit the site.

3 Likes

MTOW 25,000 lbs. on the dot. :rofl: I think it would be great to see a Mosquito dropping in to Qatam River…

1 Like

Payment for shipment…or you get the guns…

The Mosquito imports at 24,000 lbs…but an empty weight of 15,000 lbs and a full fuel cargo load of only 2885. The 16,200 lbs. JetStream 32 can carry just about as much weight. So the Mosquito is a no-go too…

So…the CASA 212 actually looks like a pretty good option. Only a 16,976 MTOW…however…cargo capacity is 4095 lbs. with full fuel. Send Destiny out on fumes…and we are in the money…err…maybe fumes + 10 minutes.

The CASA also sort of fits in with the whole “Cargo Airline” motif…so there’s that…

2 Likes

That looks like a neat little airplane. I’ll have to add it to my hangar. :sunglasses:

1 Like

It will only be for the AI since it doesn’t have a 3D cockpit. Destiny doesn’t have a VR headset… :rofl:

Has the Short 330 been considered?

https://simcatalog.com/forum/aircrafts-and-vehicles-xplane/109-shorts-330-and-360-x-plane.html

King airs are out. So is the DHC-7…

Here’s a list according to wikipedia:

1 Like

What about 29.67 Grob 109B’s? Could destiny handle a convoy?

2 Likes

It’s in kg. 25000 lbs is about 11300kg.

Europeans talking metric! (Fingers in ears) “La la la. I can’t hear you!” God gave the queen feet of a particular size for a reason: so we could measure things properly with minimal precision. Enough with your 10s-based Napoleonic nonsense! @BeachAV8R has a hot pilot who needs to start earning her keep.

3 Likes

oooh woops…

The metroliner is well under. But it’s a pretty good hauler.

2 Likes

Europeans flying Canadian aircraft doing pounds to kilogrammes and litres conversions everyday…

Hot pilots don’t fly ugly aircraft.
There’s a rule against that, I’m sure…

3 Likes

I can’t find the MTOW or even empty or gross weight but I wonder if the C408 SkyCourier under development would fit the bill.

2 Likes

I would love to use that one. The problem with Air Hauler is that it always sets the maximum cargo load for AI to the full fuel load capacity. So the Short 330 would be great for me to fly as a non-AI, but for Destiny, she only results in:

Empty weight = 14,727 lbs.
673 gallons = 4,576 lbs.
Full fuel weight = 19,303 lbs.
MTOW = 22,899 lbs.

Load capable at full fuel = 3,595 lbs. - which isn’t that much compared to some other full fuel planes.

1 Like

So this one’s out?

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure I have seen that one parked at Zel Am See in MSFS2020…

2 Likes