Precision Flight Controls, anyone take the plunge?

I was one leg into the Rio fly-in when I decided that I needed controls more appropriate for a multiengine turboprop, rather than a Warthog. Having not seen them for the better part of a decade, I decided to drag out my CH Flight Sim Yoke and Throttle Quadrant from the back of the storage room. A couple of legs later I came to the realization that while the CH gear was getting the job done, it was beginning to feel very toy-like, and the yoke lacked precision in the flare. I tried spraying the shaft with silicone. but that helped only marginally, not to mention that the roll axis pot has gotten spikey.

A little research revealed that the Saitek is not really an improvement.

The thing is, the cost of regularly getting in a cockpit for fun these days is rather prohibitive, especially with 3 kids to put through college. Girls too, so that probably means at funding at least one wedding.

And in case you think that I haven’t considered aircraft ownership, here are those plans in a photo.

I also thought about CAP, but I’ve already given a few years to Uncle Sam and I don’t really have the free time anyway.

So, in the short term, exercising my rights as a certified airman will be limited to going flying with friends or simming. Neither are bad gigs, but if simming is by far the most accessible of my options, I should have good gear right?

So, I’ve been looking at PFC and wondering if they are worth the 3 to 5 times the cost of CH. Anyone have experiences good or otherwise? Other options?

2 Likes

4 Likes

Can’t decide if witnessing Chipwich’s descent into full time sim-ology, or some weird Mudspike-clan arranged marriage planning… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m sure that he’s a fine young man and bonus points for the outstanding cone construction, but I should mention that I invested in several shotguns when I learned that my offspring would be all female.

6 Likes

@chipwich right now

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I was about to write “Cuteness Overload!” but luckily @Sargoth post kind of dampened the feeling.

Here’s MY blonde offspring! Half German, Half Italian- 100% Cuddles.
Gabriel…

2 Likes

Doing my best at keeping this thread down a notch :kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh, we’re posting pics of our kids? Here’s my blond child. She wants to be an engineer too.

3 Likes

I also have a daughter, but I don’t post pictures on the Internet unless she is old enough to agree.
I can post pics of my cat once I am at home though, she is very pretty, too! :slight_smile:

Couldn’t find a recent ice cream pic so here my daughter is standing next to a Lamborghini Aventador.

4 Likes

Well that car HAS both a Vent and a Door, so the name fits… just- isn’t it a bit TOO much for your daughter?!
If not I’d love to indroduce my son to her. He loves cars…

3 Likes