Prepar3D v5

What 3rd party weather engine are you using for X Plane?

I probably should give it more love :heart_eyes: and time than I do now (bad BAD DCS!) but honestly the default weather implementation made me use it as ‘Severe VMC’ sim only…
…and then just leave it aside :sleepy:

I bought it but it’s still sitting in there in the zip file. Look’s like I’ll be waiting a bit longer.

1 Like

The main attraction of P3D v5 for me would be to be able to go back and enjoy using all billions of dollars in FSX add-ons I spent over the years before X-Plane 11 converted me.

It’s wait and see for me though, having too much fun with X-Plane 11 and DCS and with FS2020 looming to make sense investing more on the FSX/P3D ecosystem, looking forward to hearing impressions though, there’s still some favorite planes in FSX/P3D that haven’t come to X-Plane that I would love to revisit at greater than the usual 20 FPS I left behind…

2 Likes

Good to see you again @Kludger - indeed, I’m hanging my hat on X-Plane for now, enjoying P3D v4 on occasion, and looking forward to what we end up with FS2020. I’ve bought 3 of the past 4 versions of P3D. I’m good with that for now.

2 Likes

Same back at you @BeachAV8R what a great time to be a flight sim fan with so many good choices, to the point where we can be patient (if not a bit snobby) about P3D v5 :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great report B12. I’m all for people doing what makes them happy…and I might join in on the v5 train in a month or two. That will give time for many of the installers to catch up and let me plan a migration. I’ll be interested if the performance improvements are also reflected in VR performance.

3 Likes

Hotfix released. It addresses also VR issues.

2 Likes

I’ve found that is the best way to approach upgrades. Walk down the road and if other stuff catches up…great…but definitely don’t dwell on waiting for it.

1 Like