Prescription Glasses where to get from?

Hey Guys,

I purchased some Prescription Glasses online at PayneGlasses.com and for some reason they seem off a bit. I do not want to go back there and have to deal with them as they where only like 40bucks…

I was wondering if you guys who wear prescription glasses have any reccomendations either online or Brick&Mortot?

I just priced some glasses at Americas best and they wanted about 180USD… I am looking to get them at a significantly lower price but also good quality.

So where is a good goto place for cheaper Prescription lenses. I am not worried about designer frames Generic works for me and lenses just need to tint in the sun with a near sighted prescription, I cant see far away…

thank you guys :slight_smile:

Been a while but about 12-15-ish years ago I needed them. And even then that wasn’t a crazy price. A little high but not crazy high. IMO, do NOT buy them from at the optometrist office: you can expect 2X that price (no matter how cute the young lady selling them is - just run away!). But again It’s been a while. Don’t know where you are but Costco used to have a decent price on them.

Well is Americas best a Optometrist office?? WE have a Costco but you need a membership :frowning:
Just trying to find someplace that sells glasses that are made well and not over 100USD…

I was just hoping somone here found a good place like an online store or similar… I am going to check Target or Walmart…

when you buy generic glasses they many times can even slowly damage your vision because are not take into account your eyes position. So the center of the lens and their angle according with your eyes are off.
Many times going into the cheapest you get what you pay…

yes I am pretty sure that has what happened here. I am probally just going to go back to AB and get them done right…

I use Warby Parker. They are decent quality at 1/5th the brick and mortar price.

I have used zenni optical https://www.zennioptical.com/ for inexpensive glasses.

No matter where you order, as Stavka mentioned, it’s important to have an accurate measurement of pupillary distance for glasses, if it’s not accurate the glasses won’t line up with your pupils and will feel off. How-To Videos for Eyeglasses Questions | Zenni Optical Glasses

Visonworks is the brick and mortar here in town I use. I think I paid about $200 out the door for two pair last time I got some. I did bring in my prescription from my optometrist, they don’t do any of that there, just frames and fitting. I have a very mild prescription so the turn around was next day.

No idea, never heard of it.

Well the reason I might want to get another pair of glasses is, while it looks fine from far away when I look at my monitor and try and read the text it looks wierd and is aa bit hard to make out.

When I put on my old pair it seems ok. I am pretty sure I gave ther right prescription and IPD and such just not sure why these new pair seems a bit off…

I am going to check the glasses Info I sent Payneglasses.com and see if maybe I made a mistake…

© 2021 Mudspike.com | Articles Website | Forums Rules & FAQ