Preview of DCS: Normandy 1944 and WWII Assets Pack

Originally published at: http://www.mudspike.com/preview-of-dcs-normandy-1944-and-wwii-assets-pack/

On April 28th, Eagle Dynamics opened Early Access for DCS: Normandy 1944, their latest terrain expansion for DCS World that covers the Normandy region of France, a bit of the southern coast of England, and the English Channel in between. More than just adding some 90,000 square kilometers (about 35,000 square miles) of new terrain to…

7 Likes

Nice preview!

Sums up my first impressions perfectly as well.

1 Like

Goshdarnit guys—
I have the keys but having only backet to the tune of 20$ I lack early access…
I soooo wish I did it.
You really made my eyes water— It’s so beautiful.
Those trees, the lighting- OMG tha’ts amazing…

2 Likes

That write up gave us some real good info thanks. I love the lighting effects you describe. Oh well back to the Caucasus for another month :sleeping:

1 Like

…and Troll instantly regretted not pledging another $28.

2 Likes

For anyone interested, I have uploaded to YouTube a collection of clips from within the DCS: NORMANDY 1944 map (DCS World 2.1 Alpha Access version). @EinsteinEP tells me it is a little long but so full of awesome that I couldn’t leave any more on the cutting room floor :slight_smile:

Standard disclaimers apply. Early access, may not be representative of the final product, etc. Look to the end for a spectacular crash and maybe @EinsteinEP does a little lawn mowing on the airfield. Maybe. It’s hard to tell from the clip.

7 Likes

Good job @EinsteinEP and @Fridge - really nice preview! :mudspike:

1 Like

@3:20

2 Likes

The best part IMHO was to learn that trees are collidable and you can hide from ground units behind those trees. Going to make for some very interesting and fun helicopter flights. :grinning:

2 Likes

Stupid reversed brakes axis.

2 Likes