Problem with the Death Star

Uwe Boll’s “Alone in the dark”- minus the first 5 or 7 seven minutes that were good-ish.

1 Like

I’ve avoided seeing any of his movies, somehow…

Just, imagine to be watching Star Wars, and imagine every scene is actually a music track on a CD.
Now instead of listening to the CD with the tracks in order- you hit Randomise, leaving only the first and the last track in place.

That bad.

I made a “movie” once. It was a tongue-in-cheek farewell video for our departing CO. Took 6 weeks to make. About 2 days worth of videoing and the rest was editing. I was working 60-ish hour work weeks so that needs to be taken into account, however, editing was by far the most time consuming aspect. All other things equal editing is what makes or breaks a movie.

2 Likes

I was just wondering why American Graffiti would be a success given George’ involvement. Well guess once who did the editing too? :smile:

Also, it was a lot more of a collaborative effort so that must have restrained him some.

There is a corollary with mission development in DCS. You get a coo idea for a mission and start planning it. You test it and find its either too difficult or too easy or just boring.

But it was a cool idea! What happened? Sometimes it is hard to say.

When I develop a mission I start with a cool idea. Then I put that aside and think about what enemy units, air defenses, ground and/or naval force movements should be involved. I add them in first.

Then I plan my mission. You would be amazed how often I then “edit” the heck out of the player’s side plans.

3 Likes