Queens Platinum Jubilee fly past

https://www.military-airshows.co.uk/press22/platinumjubileeflypast2022.htm

@tempusmurphy and @Victork2 should see this from home. Fliss and I will go to a suitable location

5 Likes

Im going to be camped out on my roof

3 Likes

Fliss and I will be going to @tempusmurphy area, maybe Newmarket to see the whole formation. I think you may only get part of it above your house.

1 Like

that purple bit which has colchester in it … i should be in that :grin: just zoomed in on the map … i am right on the edge of section D

2 Likes

Once I see this on a full screen, not myphone we will come up with a plan. Colchester is feasible. Maybe go to Stowe Maries afterwards @tempusmurphy

Photos and videos pls lads, or it didn’t happen :laughing:

3 Likes

Does the RAF have enough aircraft to stage a fly past these days? :thinking::wink:

3 Likes

I think it is the serviceable fleet not in Eastern Europe. Plus maybe the armies. We do have more aircraft than the RAF.

3 Likes

;). I know…but numerically the number of military aircraft in the British inventory is far less than when I was in the RAF back in the 90’s and even then we were shrinking, closing bases, losing squadrons etc. I’m almost surprised there is anything left in 2022.

2 Likes

https://www.military-airshows.co.uk/press22/redarrowsschedule2022.htm
@tempusmurphy @Victork2
I shall be at Marks Tey area about an hour before the reds

1 Like

and typically … I have to work, not sure if i am going to even see anything now. hope you get some good pics :anguished:

1 Like

Im all over it.

2 Likes

Perfect day for HM the Queen and the fly past

saw 3 chinooks in the distance but that was it from where i was

1 Like

View over London. Watch from 47minutes in.

The helicopters and BBMF joined after the bridge over the A12 we were on. Following is what we saw near @tempusmurphy The bright sun masked my screen so I could not see what was in image. Hence I chopped off a lot on the right of the formation. Sorry. Fly past at Marks Tey over the A12 - YouTube

5 Likes

11 Likes

Internal cockpit and other views on the flypast

5 Likes

The portion with the WWII aircraft was incredible to watch!

Thanks for posting

1 Like

@piper I am lucky enough to live near Coningsby and under the approach path so they often fly over the house

3 Likes