racing pedals as rudder in DCS

So, I’ve just pulled the trigger on a set of Fanatec racing wheel and pedals (https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/bundle/product/csl-elite-wheel-advanced-pack-for-xbox-one-and-pc.html) - and it just occurred to me: what if you could map the throttle and clutch to the rudder in DCS. Has anyone here tried anything like this?

1 Like

Thats not a problem at all, I’ve been using my G25 pedals for quite a while now.
You just map both clutch and throttle pedals to the rudder axis, and then turn each down to 50 % in DCS user curves. Oh, and you need to reverse one of them.

Works like a charm, just keep in mind, if you press both pedals at the same time DCS can get a bit confused.

1 Like

That sounds good! That should save me a tidy bit of cash and floorspace :slight_smile:

Also, nice to see a fellow dane on here! :denmark:

That’s exactly what I did with my first pair of racing pedals. Sadly in my case I only had two pedals and the brake one was harder and with a shorter stroke than the accelerator which left me with a funny (i.e.: not funny at all) tendency of over-left-ruddering for quite some time once I went with proper rudders. :confused:

Luckily you will not suffer the same. :slight_smile:

1 Like

luckily my clutch pedal should not be too different from the throttle - the brake, however, goes up to 90 kg of pressure :scream:

1 Like

Exactly.
Well, all the best mate, you’re in for discovering the joy of using two more limbs for flying! :smiley:

1 Like

5 in total, counting track ir :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

LOL, my dirty dirty mind…

Toe brakes are fun too.