Radeon vs GeForce

Not actualy ’ vs ’ but I would like to know what are AMD competitive oferings for GTX cards.

I know GTX 1060, 1070, 1080 but I dont know what are the Radeon equivalents. thx

1 Like

RX 580, RX 590, Vega 56 and Vega 64

The caveat is that AMD is currently way behind on the performance per Watt scale, also the absolute performance is not as good. The cards are cheaper than their nVidia counterparts, though.

Navi, which is the next generation of AMD GPUs is scheduled to come out not before late 2019 to early 2020. GPU wise it has been a bleak few years for team red. So much so that i have had to resort to nVidia cards myself. Word is that AMD has poured all their resources into competing in the CPU market, which is why their newest card (the RX 590) is an overclocked version of its legacy architecture chip. GPU innovation is on the backburner (for now). That would also explain why AMDs chief GPU designer switched to Intel.

I’m eagerly awaiting Intel’s foray into the gaming GPU market. nVidia needs competition (just as Intel does with CPUs).

5 Likes

I agree.
One of the reasons why Nvidia can afford to sell cards at those ridiculous prices is because there is literally no other choice for gamers.