RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II

I’m going to need a faster aircraft with longer legs for the MUDSPIKE Christmas 2017 journey. Need to be finished when the AV-8B drops.

I dunno man - the default DCS A-10C training missions were pretty good weren’t they? I mean, that dude sounded authentic and the way the training stuff guides you around the cockpit with those yellow arrows is pretty well done.

2 Likes

“Enough with the rockets. Time to move on to the next waypoint.”

It was close, but it didn’t match. The way the instructor could give you control and then take it back as well as indicate what was what in the cockpit…
Of course, let’s list all the other modules with training missions as nice those here:

A-10C

1 Like

I thought the F5-E training was pretty nice. What did you think of that?

1 Like

the ka50 instructor also points out stuff. he totally does NOT teach taming the autopilot tho.

1 Like

for what its worth I did the training for M-2000C, though there still are some inaccuracies I am waiting to polish once the updates are out (soon).

And have you guys tried this training mission (D/L link in the first post)?: Announcement - new A-10C DLC training campaign - DCS: A-10C Warthog - ED Forums

3 Likes

I don’t have the F-5E or the M2K, so I wouldn’t know.

In fact, I have what is probably considered a short list now.

Ka-50 (which after almost 10 years including BS1 I have still never used the autopilot or 90% of ABRIS, it’s just a moving map or Shkval repeater), A-10C, FC3, CA, P-51 (barely touched), F-86 (barely touched), MiG-21 (barely touched), Viggen (barely touched)…I think that’s it. While the Mustang was a gift, I bought the rest and still wind up flying the older planes the most because I know them and when I get a chance to fly I tend to gravitate towards flying a mission vs learning a new plane…especially when I’m flying MP. I want to learn the others, but I just haven’t had time.

I did have 21 taxiing down cold, but never got past using the guns. It’s been so long now I’ll need to start from scratch.

1 Like

heh. i am enjoying clambering up the learning cliffs. i actually dread knowing it all, because then i’d have to fly smart and tactically and skillfully.

2 Likes

I guess I am a bit old-fashioned. Or maybe just old. My ideal for training was how (no surprise!) it was done in Falcon 4. The text for the training scenario was in the manual. Read that through a couple of times then go fly. The mission would start in a freeze while the “instructor” set the pit up for the scenario. After that the mission was very lightly loaded in terms of dynamics. The less the best, I say. And please: No voiceovers and no “terrorists”, “rebels” or “separatists”!

1 Like

Almost bed time. Here’s to hoping there will be another av-8b video when I wake.

Seriously though, the stream of DCS pointy jet media lately has been absolutely sublime.

5 Likes
4 Likes

That’s a great video. Last night I spent about 30 minutes trying to drop LGBs on practice targets (without reading the manual) and could not crack the code on what I was doing wrong. My bombs would drop, and I thought I was firing the laser correctly, but I missed on all my bombs…

Maybe it has coding so you have to match the bombs to the laser, allowing buddy lasing in MP but also the ability to prevent yourself from lasing…

Yes, there is a laser code area to enter stuff for if you are bombing on someone else’s code. I just gotta dig into the manual…

3 Likes

finally a hint of the new sounds. I’m looking forward to flying this thing like a dickhead all around the ramp.

But are you going to draw giant :pen:ises in the sky?

3 Likes

This is only from airshow experience so I know of nothing outside of that. However I have never seen a nozzle run that hot or turn red during any of the demos. They are modeling it, so it must be correct, but has anyone else ever seen this IRL? … curious

1 Like

Perhaps it only happens when you F up your engine management.