RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II

I see damson’s point. That horizontal stretch of green next to the red is apparent in the RAZBAM picture. While the RL picture was taken at a higher POV (see position of collimated HUD symbology), horizontal should still be horizontal even when viewed from above. That is clearly not the case in the RL picture. Are we perhaps looking at version differences between AV-8B N/A and AB-8B+?

That RL picture is very interesting, because with aligning the HUD symbology to 2-3 fixed reference points (see orange below), it should be very easy to exactly replicate the same point of view in game. Then we can easily see if the RAZBAM cockpit matches up.

1718e44c4bfe272feae72111d761d6d9cb899204_1_406x499

2 Likes

Yeah I also considered that maybe the difference between the versions but I couldn’t find a RL shot to check that assumption. I guess we will see when the module comes out.

1 Like

Dude…

Whether you believe the me, it’s no issue.
Calling the makers of the module liars it’s your own choice.

For what it matters, all of this bears no significance to me overall.
Peace.

3 Likes

That was uncalled for, nobody called anyone a liar. All I see is a civil technical discussion.

2 Likes

If the guy who created the thing tells you that it’s to specific (blueprints at the hand), and shows you the thing flattened and that is your answer…
Sorry, I rest my case.

2 Likes

Hey I only asked if they had all the necessary 2d projections of their technical drawings from the cockpit to accuratelly replicate the pit in 3d. I never called them liars.

My criticism was ment to be contructive not negative.

And I just pointed out what clearly doesn’t seem to match.

I take your silly meme-comment as a “get out of here” message instead of “showing the proper way” message, as your counter arguments weren’t strong enough to convince me to your point.

Peace, I’m out.

Nope it wasn’t that- I seen it as Morpheus meant it: I can only point you at the things you should look at to understand why the cockpit seems off.
I can’t see them for you.

2 Likes

To me it looks like the outside of the glare shield is curving inwards towards the center on the real aircraft but projecting streight out on the razbam pit … Now on the real aircraft the glare screen may have warped a bit … I have no idea what the real one is made of …

FWIW - I think it looks fine. Is it perfect? I dunno. Lots of different camera angles, FOV, seat heights, etc. being used as reference, but in the end I don’t know that it really alters the experience whatsoever. Wasn’t there a 50 page thread once about the Fokke-Wulf’s gunsight glass or something once? I don’t think it’s worth even a sore feeling or angry word among us friends.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Man that thread was legendary.

AND totally meaningless.

Legendary in its pointlessness. :slight_smile: Happy?

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: I’m in a great mood today.

You know what’s really good at putting FoV arguments to rest? VR.

In 2D the F-15 and A-10 canopy bows look about six inches wide, and the Mirage HUD pedestal looks about set to crush your ripcage. In VR they both look fine. FWIW Having seen the view M2M kindly posted, I’m convinced it’s correct. The glare shield around the ICP/HUD installation is very wide, it’s position close to the eye gives it a deceiving prominence in photos taken in the real thing.

5 Likes

*ahem* rivet count debate *ahem*

4 Likes

Bah. I don’t care much as long as the systems and the flight model are accurate.

1 Like

… but I always despised rivet counters for destroying the sim genre… what I have become, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

7 Likes

Indeed, and I know someone who is currently giving us an early preview who has a Rift… :wink: … calling @BeachAV8R

5 Likes

I also see my behaviour in a different light now.

I want to sincerely apologise, @damson.

Friends?

2 Likes