RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II

Sure man. Who needs enemies when one can have friends like you :wink: Anyway just bought the module. You made me DO THIS man!

3 Likes

Well, I guess I deserve that. :smiley:
Hey, really though, let me know what you think of that!
Iā€™m kinda enviousā€¦ :slight_smile: In the good way.

4 Likes

Sure, I just have to re-download DCS World + NTTR as I have removed it some time ago from my HDD and said to myself I will reinstall when 2.5 comes out, but hey any reason to redownload 60 GB of data must be a good one.

2 Likes

Ok I increased the taper more from my original pic shown, the curve starts right at the UFC glare plate now.

Here is a screenshot of the max orthographic view and in-game 2D view of the new rework, the FOV issue is still present, but itā€™s better.

12 Likes

Already looking better to me, when the module comes out? I just realized after installing Open Alpha itā€™s not availalble in the module manager for download. :disappointed_relieved:

Sometime later this month. Beach has a press copy.

also @Metal2Mesh, I appreciate you taking the time to interact with greek chorus. :wink:

5 Likes

I donā€™t know the date, I just play with the triangles.

11 Likes

F-111 Triangles ??? !!!

5 Likes

Look at that serviceā€¦! Heyā€¦you guys are doing an awesome job on that module. I really had a great time just learning the start and taking it around the pattern last night.

5 Likes

Thanks, some good guys on this team.

4 Likes

This is more or less Zoom more than FoV Changes.

Zoom, FoV (field of view), AoV (angle of view) - itā€™s all the same.

1 Like

TBH itā€™s something Iā€™ve had trouble with in DCS for years now. Getting the combination of zoom/FOV/seat position right so that I donā€™t feel like Iā€™m an Ewok (yub yub!), wearing fish-eye lenses, or banging my head on the canopy like Andre the Giant is always a battle and my TIR calibration/office chair spot just adds to it.

In some ways, I miss the days of 2D-only cockpits where it just was without all the fuss.

1 Like

F12
NUM5
Goodtogodebildawg

Ooo ra

Talking about the 3d model of the Harrier, there is a little thing, so not a big deal, that capted my attention some time ago. The air intakes look imo a bit odd, I mean they donā€™t look round, and no, Iā€™m not talking about polygons but the shape itself. I clearly see (in every picture showing them) a couple or three vertices that make them look not circular. I donā€™t think perspective has anything to do, as I see this in all pictures and more clearly in the front view ones.

I donā€™t see this in the mirage for instance so maybe there is something wrong with the model?

Thanks for the great work!

itā€™s been adjusted already, those are older builds.

9 Likes

great news, thanks!!

its always great when somebody from devs stops by :beers: :+1:

1 Like

ahem rivet count debate ahem

In response to someone bringing that up, show them wonderful doubler plates and other repair patches. Found on every. Single. Aircraft. Most aircraft leave the factory with some sort of fixed defect(and logged, and deducted from the bill, obviously), I can assure no two aircraft have the same amount of rivets!

Quoting is buggered right now. oh well.

EDIT: Why does DCS call it a Pre-Sell for the Harrier? Strange wording innit?

1 Like