RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II

This is only from airshow experience so I know of nothing outside of that. However I have never seen a nozzle run that hot or turn red during any of the demos. They are modeling it, so it must be correct, but has anyone else ever seen this IRL? … curious

1 Like

Perhaps it only happens when you F up your engine management.

They do: AV-8B Harrier II Hot Jet Exhaust : Night Vertical Landing - ハリアー攻撃機の高温ジェット排気・夜間垂直着陸 - YouTube

Since this is development footage I think they didn’t bother changing the display conditions of the nozzles at night or day and just show it all the time.

2 Likes

It does glow in real life but it is visible only under certain conditions - and this will be modelled AFAIK :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He did hit the runway with his tail :slight_smile:

or better, it does glow only when you hit the ground with the tail :wink:

Last night was watching some documentaries on the Harrier Jump Jet. They were actually quite good, giving the history, development problems and solutions and you get to meet the people that designed the real bird. Some really excellent footage of Harrier in action as well. Well worth the time to watch at your convenience in preparation for DCS module. :wink:

https://youtu.be/IzFr_w1aKqw

Second one which is a British documentary from mid 2000s.

4 Likes

That paint scheme reminds me of the baby harrier I saw this summer

9 Likes

History is quite well covered also in this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxzpKtbNKQ0

2 Likes

I was just there, the museum is getting quite crowded (with aircraft) again, even after adding another hanger! Having both Dayton and Smithsonian 4hrs away in either direction of me is really spoiling.

I essentially grew up at that museum. It’s been a blast to see them add the new hangars over the last few years

And what other aircraft, capable of M1.3, can finish it show by bowing to the audience!?

:smiley:

2 Likes

The newest hanger at Dayton has been a great addition to a already great museum.

2 Likes

RedBravo65 great videos, some good memories from 33:38 of the first one. Remember that well, never saw the footage from the filming, so thanks! Fingers crossed for a GR.7 in the future.

2 Likes

Was hoping for the release today, looks like they patched some motion seat equipment. Maybe Friday?

Dont expect a huge patch over a holiday weekend.

Russians do thanksgiving?

so, no Harrier this week is what you mean?:roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s actually called Borschtgiving. :smiley:

7 Likes

Now some news, the AV-8B Early Access is planned for release on November 29…

from their facebook page.

5 Likes