RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II

DCS: NAS Lemoore confirmed

1 Like

I think you mean Key West.
Or Yuma.

3x ASUS VS248HP + HannsĀ·G HZ201HPB (MFDs)
(5760x1080+1600x900)

I have other screens hooked, by they stay off for the most part unless doing graphics work (4K HDTV etc).

However I dont even use the MFD Screen anymore, as Iā€™ve gone VR.

2 Likes

Hopefully nothing breaks when they shut the system down. Iā€™ve seen Jurassic park enough times to know what will happen.

4 Likes
1 Like

That would be a wonderful Holiday gift.

2 Likes

If they will do this I will buy the Harrier + NTTR :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had NTTR since it entered EA and Iā€™m awaiting the arrival of 2.5 and the merging of my 1.5 and 2.1 installs to a single one that takes less space!

I would also appreciate it happening when the Harrier drops (or rather VLs) but after all this time my ability to get hyped for this long-delayed event is well past. It happens when it happens, I experience no real anticipation for it. Much like watching Oā€™Brien and Bashir fly the BoB in the holosuites on DS9, I know it will happen someday, but not soon enough for me to get worked up over it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a very specific comparison @JediMaster :slight_smile:

I suppose one reason for shutting down the servers would be to up capacity before people try to all download the free 15GB Caucasus map as part of 2.5 at once?

With a free map itā€™s not like they would give early access to (like the 2.2 dev build, with the Harrier) to drum up additional sales, I mean, itā€™s freeā€¦

So itā€™s not impossible we get 2.5 on Wednesday. I mean, itā€™s the ā€˜open alphaā€™ version, so itā€™s got to be thrown over the wall at some point just to get to the meat of community bug reporting and the ā€˜it turned my PC into a newt!ā€™ type of wider alpha feedback.

Having said that, Iā€™m surprised we havenā€™t seen a few more ā€˜New Caucasus + New Harrierā€™ preview videos, at least even peeks from internal ED testers, just to give a hintā€¦

Thereā€™s only one way to really find out:

@discobot fortune

3 Likes

:crystal_ball: Yes

7 Likes

Me this Saturday-

Harrier like a boss

8 Likes

The Harrier Video I posted above is in 2.5 build :wink:

3 Likes

2 Likes

razbam

7 Likes

Holy crap, thatā€™s huge.

1 Like

The FM of the AIM-9 in True Lies was totally borked.

I sent numerous emails to Jim Cameron demanding he fix it, but he never responded. Least responsive dev EVER.

1 Like

The missile FM developer went on to a further successful careerā€¦implementing the awesome FM for the Strela (?) in Behind Enemy Linesā€¦

5 Likes

Eventually they moved on as Military Contractors

5 Likes

Wow.

Yep!

The thing I love about that scene is that trashing a SAM is both tense and visually spectacular enough that you could absolutely direct something realistic that would be thrilling to a layman. They even partnered with the Navy for filming, so subject matter experts couldnā€™t have been that far away!

ā€¦They just chose to do the exact opposite :laughing:

1 Like