RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II

“Super-easy” is not how I would qualify it. I do agree however that it was surprisingly controllable or more precisely, predictable. But I’ve spent a bunch of time with the BMS version which flew similarly.

1 Like

Turn off the SAAHS, makes it more lively.

My second impression, after the second flight, is on the visuals. I know it is not the most important thing, but without any in depth knowledge or insight into the flight model or systems it seems a natural thing to comment on initially. It looks good, but it does not play in the DCS premier league. Both internally and externally. Especially in comparison to the Viggen the textures are rather flat and with little detail.

There is something really satisfying about lifting into a hover, pedal turning tail, slowly rotating the nozzles enough to just maintain a zero sink rate and find yourself a 300 knots just seconds later. That’s followed closely with the satisfaction of getting a full belly of gas from “Arco”. So I love it! But you really appreciate what a CAS beast the A-10C is after loitering over target with the Harrier.

3 Likes

Until you remember that you’ll have had 5 beers at the officer mess before the A-10s have made the home base. :wink:

Screen_171209_104146

Getting that radio to work to contact the tanker was actually the hardest part :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately Harrier tracks apparently do not correctly store the VR FOV, so this does not show the natural head movement. It isn’t nearly as impressive as in VR anyway :slight_smile:

It seems like in 1.5.8 tracks just don’t work period, I’ve tried playing a few back on different modules and the plane or helicopter always crashes.

With VPC stick!? Of course it is :slight_smile:

I would like to point out that the missions that came with the Harrier are also very VERY welcome. I find them easy to use for learning and easy to modify for other scenarios. Razbam kicked it out the park.

Maybe they will do a hot air balloon next… you know, to spite Leatherneck sims…

3 Likes

Agreed. It should be noted that there is no AV-8B icon on the Missions selection page, and you need to navigate to the AV-8B folder and QuickStart (or something similar) to find them.

1 Like
1 Like

HUD RWR Update

Note the green FLIR, a Christmas Miracle :slight_smile: :santa:

Out tomorrow apparently.

8 Likes

That is pretty cool. Damn but I like this little airplane! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oooh. Green FLIR

Don’t you threaten me!

stares at update button

3 Likes

New 1.5.8 Update with updated Harrier is UP!

1 Like

Back to open beta I go. I wonder if will make it to 2.0?