RAZBAM AV-8B Harrier II

So the green screens work in 1.5 by default? How do I get them? They look the nuts!

Just update to latest version of 1.5. If you want them in 2.2 you have to move some files over to 2.2.

BTW, True Lies is on TBS right now in the States.

4 Likes

Gunny, you are Johnny on the spot. Thanks. Guys, I tried my had at CCIP last night. I suck at it. You guys cant help me there. However, my CCIP line is always off to one side. Instead of having a line that goes straight up and down, my line is slanted off to the right a bit. This makes it hard to CCIP. Also my aiming point never goes solid. What am I missing?

Just a small (female dog) complain here. How much do we hate having 2 versions of this game? I cant wait till 2.5.
End of rant. Please continue

3 Likes

Iā€™m with you, but if the price to pay for a real, confirmed release of 2.5 in January is to have two version for a while, well, tie me to the wall and letā€™s get it on with it.

Wags has said that modules from 2.2 will be copied over to the 2.5, so I donā€™t understand why they are updating the 1.5 version of the Harrier. If anything it should be the other way around. Here you go 1.5 guys, your Harrier works. Then 2.2 should have the latest tweaks and features.

The latest statement from ED was that 1.5 open beta will be updatable to 2.5. 2.2 will be abandoned and 1.5 will be left without support iirc.

2 Likes

Because the Binaries and .manifests report version 1.5.8 and Security Control Blocks them.

say again?

Some of the binaries would be blocked by DCS because they would not have the proper version codes in them. Some of the simple stuff is probably easy to copy because it lies outside those checks.

Yeah, I want that.

Also, good to see that the guy that wrote the module sometimes drops bombs with the fuse settings set to SAFE as well.

4 Likes

He is really a pacifist with a love for combat planes.

The new green screens are outstanding IMO.

TPOD works now. I was able to self lase a gbu 12. Still a little wonky though.

2 Likes

On the 1.5 beta released today?

1 Like

Yes. Give it a go.

1 Like

Man, they never get those patch notes right. Updating now, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bet they left it out of the patch notes because its definitely not finished. It has some quirks to it, but it does fire the laser and guide GBUs.

1 Like

It does seem really odd so far. I can sort of get it to do something.

What steps are you using (in terms of tdc actions etc) to guide and hand over to the LSS?

The way I got it to work was putting the TPOD in the Left screen, DMT in LST mode on the right screen. So as far as TDC actions go, I didnt use any. Just sensor select aft to get her in LST mode, then on the left screen use the OSB menu, then TPOD, then STBY, then the TDC OSB. Now you should have the LST X on the HUD, as well as the TPOD box towards the top of the HUD. With it setup, you can slew the TPOD to where you need it, then fire the laser and the LST should pick it up. Iā€™ll make a quick video, this sounds confusing as hell just reading it.

So I made a short video, and of course I forget to master ARM, lol. Also the game decided to bug out, so there is definitely some kinks to work out. Also, the GBUā€™s have some insane flying abilitiesā€¦

3 Likes