RAZBAM: Mirage III

New RAZBAM FB Pics:

https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/posts/1102738883146082?notif_t=notify_me_page&notif_id=1473791174390388

6 Likes

ohh boy ohh boy !!! :smiley: cant wait to shoot down mig 21’s with that pretty lady :smiley:

Is there any true fan of the Mirage line? Can anyone outilne in a couple sentences the main differencies between the III and the 2000?

(I’m not inferring anything- I just know nothing on the matter)

Still the renders are amazing. I love how it looks like a plastic model kit! :smiley:

1 Like

They are very different planes who happen to look very similar due to the delta wing.

The Mirage 2000 has a way more advanced radar and a better engine obviously, but the main difference is that the Mirage III is stable and hand-flown, whereas the Mirage 2000 is unstable and has a FBW stability system.

Think of the Mirage III as the French MiG-21, and of the Mirage 2000 as the French F-16.

1 Like

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you very veyr much.

1 Like

Probably accurate, but I think Marcel Dassault is rolling in his grave at the audacity of comparing such crude implements to his works of art and engineering. :smile:

2 Likes

Such Injustice!

1 Like

I cant believe this is really going to happen… I’m going to be like Giora Epstein. He is the worlds leading fighter Ace. And he did it in the Mirage III. Im very excited about this. This is a pre-computer aircraft. The only processor in this aircraft is in the pilots brain bucket.
So now that we have the '21Bis, I wonder if Leatherneck will fire back with a early model '21. Give me the F-13! with that goofy ejection canopy pod. Or make it the PF. I hold on to hope that someone out there will make a full switch MiG-17F. Belsimtek has to know this would be a first day buy for many of us.
Either way the Mirage is going to be a huge success and I only wish it had been first.

We’re also going to need a Hawker Hunter.

and a fitter. and a badger, and a fitter, and a mystere, and a fitter, and a scooter, also a fitter.

4 Likes

I find my self strangely interested in this module. I was thinking today that this would be a cool plane to do with Flaming Cliffs style avionics, open up more planes to the less hardcore crowd. (I’m sure many will disagree) But either way its definitely on my radar.

2 Likes

Some recent Mirage render work on their Facebook feed:

5 Likes

I can see it now… “Get the DCS Middle Eastern Bundle! MiG-19, Mirage IIICJ and Straights of Hormuz Map” Maybe in 2018 or 2019…

2 Likes

Well, if getting the Mirage III means we are getting closer to get an hypotetical Falkland scenario, HELL Yeah!

2 Likes

DCS SINAI :smiley: lol

Seriously DCS has so much unresolved potential still, it’s ridiculous! (<---- in the good way).

2 Likes

Online Cues to get that would be ridiculous