Razbam releases some images of the Harrier seat

5 Likes

I wonder if it will be scratch and sniff…

I’ll be in my bunk.

1 Like

If you’re reading this, you’re probably interested in this poll. (the North Atlantic conflict of January 2016 :stuck_out_tongue:)

2 Likes

Thanks for posting, I somehow missed that poll. Voted just now.

If you want to know about the actual differences between the GR7/9 and the AV-8B(NA) variants, I found this summary very helpful.

2 Likes

One thing I noticed that I don’t think was right. To my knowledge the -8B should also be wired to carry the TGP on the under fuselage center station as well.

The typical load out I had read was for early Afghanistan was a TGP, a GBU-12, a seven shot hydra pod, and the gun.

1 Like

Oh man…that sounds like fun… Sign me up!

I thought the version that can carry the TGP is only the newest one, the plus (which will not be modelled).
Might be wrong though, I am by no means a Harrier expert.

Oh, and if you want to read about how it feels like to fly the Harrier over Afghanistan, there is the book “A Nightmare’s Prayer” by Michael Franzak (USMC) which I can recommend.

1 Like

That one is a great read. I’d also throw out “Hammer from Above: Marine Air Combat Over Iraq” by Jay Stout. It’s considerably more “rah rah” than Nightmare, but it offers an interesting look into just about every facet of the Marine Air Wing. If I remember correctly he’s got interviews from Harrier, Hornet, Cobra, Sea Knight and Huey pilots.

1 Like

Another pic out the door; “Just a reminder, that we already have this cockpit in the sim (will be upgraded thou)”

4 Likes

Razbam posted this on facebook

Some bad news depending which side of the fence you´re…
Gents:
As many of you are aware, i started a Harrier poll at Eagle´s DCS forums trying to decipher what the community was after “harrier wise”, not surprisingly the Gr7/GR9 version was the absolute winner.
BUT, we stumbled into a brick wall, a wall that might put the Gr7/Gr9 at least 2 years behind…and that is weapons systems.
As you may know, the British version of the Harriers used a set of recce/targeting pods that are not available in the sim, being these the DJRP, Sniper and TIALD (which most if not all of it´s operational manuals are still classified). Not to mention also a pod carrying countermeasures in one of the 3 belly stations. Implementation of these pods could take us longer than expected, and i would really like to get a Harrier beta this year (fingers crossed).
I just wanted to be honest with you, no BS statements will come from us, this is the current situation and i put it out as it is.
So…as our 1st Harrier pack, we are going to create the AV-8B Night Attack version, this will allow us enough time to create the other system pods as we can get info on them and implement them in the sim.
So the road map would be AV-8B Night Attack followed by the GR7/GR9 versions and hopefully the AV-8B Harrier II Plus after at the end.
Of course…if during AV-8B Night Attack version, a fully viable A/G radar is available for us to play with…it could evolve into an AV-8B Harrier II Plus version…

2 Likes

Ha! Both my USMC favoritism and Amero-centrism are once again enabled by the reticence of the MoD to allow anything resembling fun.

3 Likes

:cry:

(sob)

Ok, that’s it. Getting a mug made…

3 Likes

All I read is Harrier this year, I didn’t see anything else :smiley:

4 Likes

Now now Fearless, everything is going to be ok…

3 Likes

While I am sad about the British Harrier (I wanted a Gr7 or Gr9), any Harrier is better than no Harrier.
AV8B is still better than the early british ones in my book, so yeah, I can live with that.

2 Likes

I’m almost scared to ask - is that the ED one or the VEAO one? :smile:

2 Likes

I think it is the ED one, VEAO is doing one with ugly cut wings IIRC.

1 Like

Ah yeah - the stubbies on the Mk XIV plus Yak exports. Here’s what I found on VEAO’s facebook pics: