Realtek 7.1 and Buttkicker Gamer2 how to get working?

Hey Guys,

I just discoverd my Motherboard will infact do 7.1 even tho it only has 3 ports on the mobo. well that is not my concern just found out how it works, so now I am trying to get my Realtek onboard soundcard to work while playing MP3’s with my buttkicker.

I just tried it and was getting the Buttkicker to work in the Realtek speaker settings test page but when I play an MP3 that is bass music I get nothing in the buttkicker.

Now with my Creative Soundcard I am able to do this burt since I am trying to remove the soundcard and use the onboard sound I must get this to work or I will just keep with the SoundBlaster Z card…

I checked the settings and all the plugs on the back were to the respective speaker so it should work but unlike the Creative I can set it too 2.1 but in the realtek I only have a 5.1 or 7.1 setting to select…

this should work and maybe I am missing a setting or something… I have a ASRock Phantom 4 z590 AC4 motherboard with a Realtek chip…

I used the newest drivers available at ASRock but this just does not seem to work… anyway to get the buttkicker to work while playing MP3’s on Media Player for Windows? Also It does not work in my games either like it should…

OK Guys,

I figured it out. for my ASRock Phantom 4 AC Motherboard there was additional software I needed to install called “Nahemic” Once I installed that the buttkicker kicked in perfectly…

So I guess there was more to the onboard sound then just the Realtek Drivers I installed…

thank you all :wink:

Have a Great New Year…

1 Like

Thanks for that-posting the answer. I never went beyond 1 channel but when I do I now have more info.

yes the Phantom 4 AC Motherboard only had 3 inputs in the back and I assumed it was stereo only. but they use all 3 in the back and the 2 fron inputs on the case for 7.1… I only use 2.1 and it sounds prettygood…