Red Storm Rising

This made me laugh…

9 Likes
2 Likes

It’s always been my dream that Red Storm Rising would get reproduced as an epic miniseries. Substitute F-117s for the F-19s and we’re golden.

Without Remorse has popped up on IMDB a few times, but I don’t think they’ll ever find someone suitably bad-ass to play Kelly.

1 Like

I think Mark Wahlberg or Christian Bale could pull off Kelly…

I flew TC once and in conversation he mentioned that Without Remorse was probably his favorite out of the books he had written. I liked Rainbow Six, which he scoffed at.

He was an interesting character.

1 Like

Oh I totally believe that. Clancy was born in Baltimore in '47. I think it’s no coincidence the nascent Mr. C was tearing around the streets of his home town knocking down drug dealers left and right, especially set around the point where the perception of America, especially for that generation, pivots from the idealized vision of their youth the the perceived moral and urban decay of the 70s.

Disclaimer: This is all armchair psychology and I base this on nothing but the fact my pops was from of a similar age and family and he loooooooved that book.

For me it’s a toss up between Red Storm Rising and Sum of All Fears. I’ve read the Ryanverse up until Teeth of the Tiger, and at that point it was so thoroughly off the rails I stopped caring.

2 Likes

A Clear and Present Danger is my favorite. I finished it and immediately read it again.

2 Likes

Sadly most of the Spec Ops aviation side story was removed from the movie. Being in a Pavelow unit at the time, it drew my interest.

1 Like