Rennsport

Was going through my email spam folder this morning and there was a Rennsport Beta key! Nearly a year after I signed up. :partying_face: Check your email spam folder if you signed up!

Reference my posts from last year:

March 2023

June 2023 - Beta sign ups begin

Just put in a couple hours. My initial impression is that I really enjoy the way the cars handle. I felt very connected to the road even when the back end is loose and you are seemingly out of control… you’re still in control. The dynamic G-Force visuals in the cockpit raise the immersion when you accelerate, decelerate and turn

The game seems to be geared to online racing like iRacing. I think the initial plan is a free-to-play “base game”, but you buy the cars and tracks as desired.

Here are some random screens of the menu and Audi R8. The replay system is not very intuitive for me to figure out at the moment. 5120x1440 cropped to 2560x1440.

Loading screen

Main Menu

Cars

Audi R8 GT3

Road Atlanta pit lane. I figured later out how to adjust the HUD and move the data blocks closer to center (for those with ultra wide monitors). It’s quite easy to do.

Hey, made the “top 20” in the Spa Time trial. Gotta rep the USA. Only 3 seconds off the leader. :upside_down_face: :laughing:

6 Likes

Nice!

I just signed up.

WRC has proven UE5 can make a great looking racing title, but handling and such are primary.
My Fanatec order has been delayed over a month, finally supposed to ship sometime next week I think :frowning: but I’ve hung up my Logi G27 after a dozen years, I just can’t take it anymore. Hopefully I’ll have the Fanatec by end of the month and then I might look at this.

2 Likes