Reshade in VR

I will be home in a few and verify.

1 Like

Cheers bud, just couldn’t find it, so appreciated.

““DCS.exe --force_enable_VR --force_steam_VR””

2 Likes

Great - thank you!

I personally havent used it in a while, ED may have disabled it,

Just tested it, still works, for Oculus Headset, It launches Both, but SteamVR is controlling the Program.

2 Likes

Yep, verified working, although I had to use the manual shortcut - which does not matter :slight_smile:
Thanks for the help

in the App just change driver to SteamVR and it should launch that way too.

Been following this thread while away from home…very keen to try it out now that I’m home!

1 Like

It is worth it, probably the clearest I’ve seen it in DCS.

1 Like

These were the values I ended up with on DCS before my crash woes. I did have to up the in-game gamma a bit (the value in DCS options) to about 2.6 ish, but it’s really taste dependent. Mine looks a bit cartoonish, plus if you hate jaggies and must run lots of MSAA in VR then you might hate these values, but put here anyway:

ReShadePreset.ini complete:

PreprocessorDefinitions=
Techniques=VRSharpenColor@VR_CAS_Color.fx
TechniqueSorting=VRSharpenColor@VR_CAS_Color.fx

[VR_CAS_Color.fx]
Brightness=0.985000
CASContrast=0.600000
Contrast=1.001000
MaxDelta=0.100000
Saturation=1.100000
Sharpening=1.900000
SharpeningRadius=1.000000
SingleImage=1

Note: these are for the CASShaderV2 from above, as it includes a SharpeningRadius.

Also, once you are happy with any values (you can adjust them on the VR 2D mirror) then on the bottom right of the main Settings page you can hit ‘Performance Mode - :white_check_mark:’ and that’ll give a small performance boost (it effectively freezes the shaders from taking new values, so they don’t need to recompile on each change etc).

Giving this a whirl right now. The family went to the in-laws.

freedom2

4 Likes

I’m waiting for dinner (the word on the street is pasta) but am on discord right now if it all goes horribly wrong etc.

1 Like

I’ll hop on Discord…haven’t fired it (DCS) up yet.

Looks great…! The sharpness is really cool. I too had to up my gamma to 2.4 or so…the results are very nice!

2 Likes

Going to hop on the Frog server thingy for a bit…Syria…might see if I can drop a couple bombs on something. More likely will get shot down…but whatever…

1 Like

Had a fun session. Just for the record…this is a screenshot of a highly unusual event…I dropped my bombs, destroyed a SAM radar, and survived…!

My next mission was a SCUD hunt and I got picked off by a roving MiG-29. Once in spectator mode it was neat seeing some red air attacking the fleet…

2 Likes

Would loved to have joined you @BeachAV8R but…

:frowning:

For what it’s worth…I played for two roughly 30 or 40 min segments on the Syria Frog server with no crashes. I was even aggressively using the F2 key to scan what other planes were doing. I’d get some long pauses while graphics loaded…and a few times even dropped into the SteamVR night sky transition thingy…but it popped back into DCS after a few seconds.

1 Like

Me thinks Reshade in VR does not look so good with DCS 2.7. Using the default config, so perhaps it can be tweaked, but I’m seeing almost a screen door effect with it enabled. What say you?

Not sure, I’ll look closer as not noticed. I am running them a big higher than defaults, so a sort of Spinal Tap Eleven on the sharpness, settings here: - Reshade in VR - #71 by fearlessfrog

1 Like