Resident evil 2 (biohazard 2)

This got released a couple of days ago. I grew up playing RE1 and 2 and was wondering if anyone in the mudspike collective had tried this amazing looking remake of RE2.
I played the ass off of the old version and this looks to be a very faithful remake of that game with fantastic graphics and using the over the shoulder view point of re4 onwards which is a definate plus point for me as the camera angles in the old games got me killed more than the zombies ever did.
The only problem for me at the moment is the relatively high price of £44.99 as I’m saving up my pennies for ace combat 7 on the 31st of January (very much excited for this)
my wife and I love playing horror games together and we are currently about 3/4 of the way through SOMA (@komemiute you rock) and we really are loving that game and would be nice to have another to jump into once we’ve finished it. But the price is keeping us away at the moment. Be nice to hear anyone else’s views on the title though as I’d like to know if all the puzzles are similar to the old games or it’s completely new.

1 Like

I’m… glad.
But… Why you thank me?

1 Like

Can’t speak about Resident Evil as I never got into it, but if puzzle games with a hint of horror are your thing, I’d recommend these:

If you want to branch out a bit though, I’d recommend Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us, though they’re more story driven interactive movies… Less horror, more mystery, more humor, and probably just as violent as Resident Evil.

https://www.gog.com/game/tales_from_the_borderlands

2 Likes

I’m sure it was you that said SOMA was free on gog a month or so ago! It normally is you that brings these things to my attention :joy:

1 Like

Nice one! We will have a look through those thanks @franze
We’ve done quite a few horror games together over the years. It’s quite good fun and a bit more interesting to me as I struggle to stay awake through films these days and wifey struggles with the controls when she’s scared lol.

1 Like

Ah! True enough, I checked my Steam library and eh… I have it too. Even though these games freak the living binary sh!t out of me…

1 Like

I’d add System Shock 2 to the list. I guess technically SciFi genre, but the scariest computer game I have ever played…seeing the dead bodies in the shallow graves…seeing the ghosts committing suicide…and especially those creepy, creepy nursemaid creatures…

I get chills just thinking about hearing their voices off in the distance…“Where are the children? Most take care of the children.”…getting closer…“Where are the children?” …and closer while I’m trying to solve some puzzle to open a door…and then the sound of their mutated feet on the hard deck… :scream:

I’ve actually got the remastered edition of ss1 the normal ss2 to play through. I can’t wait but I think my wife will struggle with the graphics… She’s not very gentle with the classics lol

Make sure the room is dark…it helps.

2 Likes