Rift S announced!

I hope not… that would be most inefficient :wink: .

6 Likes

Well, true to their promise of shipping on or before the 21st, my Rift S departed the warehouse yesterday.

Not that fond of the “package may be delayed” note…
I hope UPS figure it out…soon!

5 Likes

Mine shipped 8 minutes before yours, tracking says delivery late tomorrow afternoon, woohoo :vr:
Of course yours have to travel a bit further north :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

And UPS will only deliver to Oslo. It’s regular mail from there. Expedited, but still… :confounded:

Really?? What happened to the UPS of former times that were proud to deliver worldwide, including the most remote places?

1 Like

I’m guessing they had to cut costs…

I have a courier service related story.
When I ordered my VKB stick, it shipped by DHL from Hong Kong.
Less than 48Hrs later the tracking said «TRD Out for delivery» It was a Friday afternoon, and I was at work. Now I live in TOS, not TRD. It’s actually a fairly common mistake since the old designator for TOS was TRO. I called DHL and made them aware of their mistake only to hear that TRD was their closest hub and that a local courier brought the parcel on it’s last leg. The support lady also informed me that they had already been at my house, but nobody answered…
I asked about the latest delivery on a Friday and she told me there were no more deliveries, this evening, but they could arrange for the parcel to be delivered next day (saturday) at 0800.

Less than 48Hrs from the other side of the planet and delivery on a Saturday.
That’s service!

2 Likes

It’s moving again…

Estimated delivery is Monday…
If they can get it to Oslo before lunch tomorrow, I think there’s a possibility that it can get here by Friday.

3 Likes

Oh my…

It remains to be seen where it departed to…
I hope it’s not the local post office warehouse, where someone will spend a day or two sorting it, before shipping it north…
Thumbs held (fingers crossed)!

1 Like

A short first impressions by a flightsimmer.

Pretty much confirms what we’ve guessed. I.e. better than the CV1. Not the Holy Grail. Worthwile-YMMV.

4 Likes

Nice write up but I think you just cost me 400£ somewhere down the line. I am glad the visuals are better for you. Is there any hit to fps and have you been able to get a steady 80 FPS in any game. Also is 40 fps the new 45 fps ?

Hmmm that sounds really good.
Too bad the PC specs weren’t posted. IMO they are important for judging the headset. For example if good picture clarity relies on super sampling that probably won’t be an option for some users.

@Cib, I didn’t write that. But I’ll be happy to answer any questions once I get my Rift S.

True! That would’ve been interesting to know.

1 Like

Update on my Rift S travels. I know you are as anxious as I am… :wink:
It has been delivered to the Norwegian Postal Service and they are expecting delivery…

On FRIDAY!!!

7 Likes

I am excited!
Your review will have an important part in shaping my opinion on whether to get it or not.

No pressure though. :smiley:

2 Likes

Don’t worry!
I have made a lot of people buy stuff they didn’t knew they needed… :wink:

1 Like

Mine has arrived, wohoooo! Unfortunately I have a dentist appointment now, so it’ll be a couple of hours before I get to unbox it, argh…
Fingers crossed for a routine dental checkup!

3 Likes

I hope you have been brushing your teeth, like a good boy…!
Hurry home!

2 Likes

At least yo can monitor the Norwegian postal service via ob board camera…

2 Likes

Mine is due tomorrow by end of day. I’m on the road until next week though. The same thing happened with my Rift CV1. Oh well.

3 Likes