RIP Dick Kramer... Artist, Navy Vet

I have about 8 pieces of his art on my man cave wall, I’ve given away his art as prizes for game related stuff back in the day of SimHQ, Tactical Gamer, and Team Element.

RIP Sir.

8 Likes

I got to meet him about 5-7 years ago at a Texas Tactical Peace Officers Association (TTPOA) conference. Didn’t chat, just a “I’ve always loved your stuff” and move along to let the next person say hi.

1 Like

I’ve often heard this on TV and put it down to me mis hearing or regional American accents. Seeing it in writing made me realise its a real thing, could you explain what a Peace officer is and how it is different or how it relates to a a Police Officer?

A peace officer is the same thing as a police officer… it’s actually more of an older saying. In the old days they kept the peace, peace officers… as time went on it became police. Some cities and towns still use peace officer more for the old ways or just to be different, maybe appear to be nicer. But today they are both the same everywhere I’ve been and seen.

1 Like

Thanks @Magnum50 appreciate you clearing that up. I’d heard it mainly from southern accents and wasn’t too sure of it was just a regional drawl of either word or something more complex. Cheers

2 Likes

So in Texas most of what would be considered “law enforcement” officials are certified as “peace officers.” This gives us the rights, responsibilities and privileges to enforce the laws of the state of Texas. A peace officer can be everything from a municipal police officer (like me), a county deputy sheriff, a deputy constable, a state trooper, and several others. There are certain other people who the state allows to enforce certain laws (but not all), or to provide security that are NOT peace officers and do not have the same powers. Additionally federal law enforcement officers are NOT peace officers in Texas. They get their authority from the federal government and operate under different rules.

So as Magnum said the term is in general just a synonym, but here in Texas at least the official term is Peace Officer.

4 Likes

Love this 360 security print …

4 Likes

Oh, and that last print …

So reminded me of the original Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six! …

God I loved that game!

1 Like

There was a lot of discussion of whether Mr. Kramer’s art inspired H&K marketing department (where that actual photo came from) or vice a versa.

As an aside H&K and Oakley (the guys who manufactured the googles) we’re together pretty tight. I have no clue f it was a marketing thing or what. But the balaclava, googles and gloves were counter terrorism sheik in the US LE community big time. I took an official H&K MP5 class, and what did they issue as eye protection for the class? Oakley googles.

And totally unrelated, the USP in .45 ACP with the LEM trigger was my favorite pistol I carried for work. The USP in 9mm full tac’d out with the jet funnel kit and the LEM trigger is an extremely close second (only as I never got to carry it on uniformed duty).

4 Likes

He also did cartoon art, pro gun stuff for Springfield Armory…

Cartoons - The Armory Life

2 Likes

Is this technique called “pointillism”? I don’t know art (just when I see it :slight_smile: ). The talent amazes me. The patience astounds me.

1 Like