Rudder pedals (again)

We’ve done this before…

I have a set of TM T flight pedals that have frankly started to hold me back a little.

They have been wonderful. Cant fault them but im looking to upgrade.

I have been diligently saving my birthday and Christmas money like a good boy and have about £220 to play with.

Recommendations in that bracket? I have an X56 and CM2 throttle but im not what to go for.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what’s the postage going to be but the MFG Crosswind are absolute beasts.

Edit: maybe better to specify,I have them and I love them.

6 Likes

I bought my MFGs almost a year ago. At the time, shipping to the eastern US was 38 Euros. Pedals were 276 Euros. Not sure what the prices are now, but they came without fuss.

2 Likes

I have had my MFG Crosswinds for a few years now… great pedals. If you go this route be sure to get the damper option to add some ‘weight’ to the pedal action. The other set to look at is the Thrustmaster TPR rudders, which look like they would be amazing. They use a pendulum mechanism that should feel great (if their Boeing Yoke is anything to go by). Pricey though…

3 Likes

I would’ve gotten pedals with a pit and pendulum option, but the beating of the telltale heart quoth me “nevermore.”

1 Like

But really let us know what you decide. I have a set of CH rudder pedals that I have been secretly hoping would die for like 15 years but they keep on hanging on.

Had a glimmer of hope last year when they were spazzing out for a bit but they only needed a blast of compressed air and recalibration.

Which is great, I guess! Great product and all that but I still wish it would croak it already so I can feel a little less guilty about spending 400 bucks on those crosswinds.

4 Likes

I had the same problem with my CH pedals too…they just would not die! In the end I retired them and bought the crosswinds anyway. It was a worthwhile upgrade.

4 Likes

Took the words right outta my mouth. And I think they just hit their 20th anniversary

3 Likes

Same here. I bought my CH pedals secondhand, twenty years or so ago. I only changed a spiky pot once. Despite of their plastic appearance they seem to last forever.

1 Like