RX 570 vs RX 6600 XT

This may be a silly question but I’ll ask it anyway - would upgrading to the RX 6600 XT be worth it over my current RX 570 8Gb?

I have my new PC build but feel the graphics card is a bottle neck and letting it down and seeing as I have a fairly decent (for me) PC I want to get a card that’s as good too.

I know the prices are high right now, it’s around £400 for this card (but I can get £165 for the 570 at CEX so it’s not too bad) but is it worth the upgrade? Will the power draw be okay?

Rest of PC specs in case needed:
i5 10400F
MSi B460M-A PRO mobo
Corsair TX550M PSU
32Gb DDR4
Crucial P2 SSD blah, blah, blah…

Looking at this one for instance: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-6600-xt-pulse-gaming-8gb-gddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-39p-sp.html

1 Like

I would check out this website. There are several reviews for 6600XT and on the comparison charts there is the RX 570. I guess you can make your judgement based on that. I can’t speak for power draws, etc.

3 Likes

Thanks @saghen.

I’ll get over double the frame rate in most games! And I found out that a 500 watt PSU is recommended so that’s ok.

It’s a quiet card, between RTX 3060 and RTX 3060 TI in terms of performance. But lower in price than both competitors.

The weak point is memory bandwidth, so don’t expect 4K and QHD, or maybe only for some games.
Power draw is 10 or 20 watt above the RX 570, no biggie for your PSU.

You got my GO :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m still using a 1080p monitor so that’s okay :slight_smile:

Cool :slight_smile: I might just push the button…

2 Likes

Ordered… Should get it on Friday :blush:

3 Likes

I’d do it,

Just off availability and pricing I’m likely to get one as a temp before I buy a bigger AMD card later,

7970 Lightning is showing it’s age, 3GB of VRAM is a killer now.

Still holding out for a cheaper 6800 at least though.

1 Like

I’d get one quick as apparently they are perfect for data mining… Radeon RX 6600 XT May Be the New De Facto GPU for Mining | Tom's Hardware

1 Like

I think you mean crypto mining.

2 Likes

Whoops :smile: yes I did

1 Like