Samsung Odyssey & Odyssey Plus News

SteamVR Beta Updated - 1.3.5

FEB 27 @ 9:19PM - DREW GOTTLIEB

General:

Fixed issue with new settings UI taking a few seconds to finish drawing when it is opened on the desktop.

Linux:

• Reverted to old settings and controller pairing UIs for Linux users. These will be re-enabled in the future.
  • Fixed processes spawned by SteamVR using an incompatible mixture of Qt libraries.
  • Fixed vrcompositor crashing during launch if started by a vrclient .
  • Fixed processing of steamvr:// URIs, this includes processing actions like opening the web console.

SteamVR Home:

• Fixed input for Workshop tools.

SteamVR Input:

• Fixed binding callouts not working at all when a binding file has no bindings for an action set.

New Interface:

2 Likes

Samsung Odyssey + is on sale once again at $299.99:

1 Like

Yeah, ok- who cares about Europe anyways! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Oh come on now, shipping is only $122.38 :joy:

2 Likes

:confused: … they really want me to buy that Rift S it seems.

The only one similar option price wise in EU I have found :slight_smile:

Amazon.de

1 Like

Much obliged! :smiley:

1 Like

The problem is you need all the other stuff like external sensors and controlers with that one.

As @Aginor pointed out the only solution here is RiftS.

1 Like

Concur.
Ah, yeah, and a machine capable of running the software too!

:smiley:

1 Like

Details, details… :smile: :smile:

1 Like

It depends what one will prefere. E.g. you can always run VTOL VR instead of DCS :slight_smile:

1 Like

AHHAHHA Exactly, to run VR I’d have to remove all of them from my games! :rofl:

4 Likes

I think if you don’t have a headset already, then it’s probably better to go for a Rift S rather than the Odyssey Plus at this point already. The O+ has been out for about 7 months before the newer S, plus the Oculus software is smoother, and the Rift S screen/pixel layout seems ideal for sims. The sound and some launch bugs are the downside, but that’ll get sorted out.

As an upgrade step from a Rift (plain) or a O+ it’s harder to justify, but I suspect the Rift S will be a bit cheaper in about 6 months anyway.

5 Likes

I’d agree with fearless. The Rift S sounds like it has similar image quality to the Odyssey+ but has to be more comfortable and is in the Oculus ecosystem. Between those 2 I’d chose the newer offering.

4 Likes