Scale Modellers, lets talk :)

Rebuilt thread and changed ownership.

13 Likes

I’ve bought more kits than I’ve built as well.
It got to the point where I had to take pics of them, with the third party detail add-ons, to remember what I had.

I spotted your Hasegawa 1/48 F-14A in your stash. I have the same kit, with extras.

This is the only MC I’ve got :wink:

The last five or so years I’ve been building flightsim controllers and simboxes instead :slight_smile: Really need to get back into scale modelling again. It’s a great hobby!
Problem is that I don’t have anywhere I could display the finished kits…

6 Likes

That seems to be the bane of all model builders.

Wheels

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been oogling that one… But the Hasegawa has positionable flaps and slats, which is essential as I want to build mine on the cat.
Can’t understand why Tamiya didn’t offer that in their new kit.

2 Likes

I was into aircraft modeling when I was in high school and college - 1/72 scale WWII and modern jets. I had about 25-ish built by the time I got my commission and the Navy started moving me around the world…yeah…IIRC they didn’t last more than 3 to 4 moves. My current spouse has purchased a few kits for me over the years…think they are in the garage…

…but now that we have a place to show our work…hmmmm.

4 Likes

Nope!
Still hoping to build it one day… :wink:

1 Like

I built a Norton Commando by Tamiya once, that was a hard bike with the silicon wireloom :slight_smile:
I have a couple of vehicles to make atm a panzer 4 and a US M2 halftrack. Need to see what else I have next time I go in the loft :smiley:

1 Like

Oooh… That’s one I want to build, but haven’t got.

1 Like

What use have those hemispherical white lines in front of the cockpit?

Built a bunch of models in high school, sadly got too busy during college. The one I’m most proud of is a 1/72 space shuttle with boosters that I did for my high school senior project. Stands about 4 ft. tall. That project also included comparing a Space Shuttle flight simulator (Space Shuttle Mission Simulator) to the Full Fuselage Trainer in the Museum of Flight.

Managed to finish 1/20 Renault RE30b a little while ago. Currently building a 1/25 Datsun 240Z, but anther side project keeps sucking up all my time lately.

Got about 20+ aircraft models in my stash that I do want to build sooner than later. Recently went down a rabbit hole of model building Youtube videos and got a whole bunch of tools and weathering supplies, so hopefully it all starts coming together!

9 Likes

I have one of these sitting around waiting for the day I become something better than the world’s worst painter.

and for the day that I manage to gain some manual dexterity…

5 Likes

I used to hand paint (brush) all my models. Then I discovered air brushing. It is amazing how much better you can become.

5 Likes

maybe you missed my diagram concerning a game mechanic that looked like a boob, not what I was going for either, I’m just bad at this art thing in all mediums.

2 Likes

LOL. My models used to look like something Picasso did until I got an airbrush. :grin:

2 Likes

I’ll take Picasso any day over my Pierre Brassau’s

2 Likes

I’ve had a couple of those as well…love my Suzuki’s.

My boys bedroom ceiling is covered in my models. All 1/72. I really struggle with the painting side of this. I just dont have that particular talent. It’s a shame as I’m (i do say so myself) pretty good at actually building them. They look wonderful unpainted but the moment i put a brush to them or even the airbrush it all goes wrong. I’ve also got the hasegawa and tamiya tomcat kits but it really would be a shame for me to build them as i just suck at it and do them no justice. I’ve also got an mi24 and an Av8-b to build but I’ve kind of lost heart in them

3 Likes

Close. They are level bombing guide lines for the VV-1 sight. The windshield has two horizontal lines and the pilot would line up one of them with the chosen fuselage line for the altitude needed for the level bombing run.

You can do this in Il-2 BOS! Here is the dev blog on how to do it-

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see the finished opera! :smiley:

1 Like

Those Eduard profipack kits are fantastic _ I built the 1/72 Mig21 Bis and it was a fantastic model with great decals and photo-etch parts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Team Fusion are making a flyable 108 for the CloD 5.0 update.

I have the same Eduard kit in my stash. There’s something about the Taifun that speaks to me. A four seat fighter, so to speak. The 109 lineage is apparent!
Also, the airline I work for used to have two, many years ago…

3 Likes