Seasonal Holiday Music

Whichever Holiday works for you post music that is played during that time frame. :sunglasses:

White Christmas - The Drifters

White Christmas - The Drifters
https://youtu.be/Ooc5eJc5SHA?si=h2kGc2cR4cGBYxMA

Sung by The Drifters. Cartoon by Joshua Held. Featuring Bill Pinkney on lead bass and Clyde McPhatter on tenor. An animated Christmas Card, and a homage to a great song, a great band, and a great Holiday.

This cartoon’s official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/people/White-Christmas-Cartoon-with-Santa-and-his-Reindeer-Singing-The-Drifters/100039883332210/

This cartoon's official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/people/White-Christmas-Cartoon-with-Santa-and-his-Reindeer-Singing-The-Drifters/100039883332210/ 

4204_1050907194825f3826ec08
I post this video most every year in memory of Trapper, a long time M4T member who passed in April of 2014, since this was one of his favorite songs.

Wheels

4 Likes

I have never really played any Christmas specific music except for traditional carols and the like. And then it has only been because it was ‘expected’.

But this has inspired me to find my ‘Christmas Song’… a bit like I have a ‘Christmas Movie’.

I will let you all know how I go :wink:

2 Likes

I cannot stand most Christmas music, but here is Earl Scruggs and a great winter song:

1 Like

Is that Ricky Skaggs behind him there?

2 Likes

Yes!

Featured are: Earl Scruggs with sons Randy (g) and Gary (b), Sam Bush (m), Ricky Skaggs (m) and Phil Leadbetter (d).

2 Likes

I cannot stand 99.99% of Christmas music. But if I have to listen to it, I don’t hate this one.

2 Likes

Vale Shane.

@HiFlyer Have you ever seen them live? They’re incredible.

Nope. Actually, it never even occured to me to try!

1 Like

If you find yourself in Salt Lake, I can probably get you tickets

2 Likes

The closest I’ve ever been to Utah was taking a look at the tabernacle while testing Aerofy’s utah scenery! :smiley:

Thanks for the offer though, if I ever get in that area I would consider seeing them a no-brainer!

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Yu Gi Oh Yes GIF by Mashed

2 Likes

Here in :netherlands: , we have a radio program since 1999 which has become a true holiday tradition:

The Top 2000 of All Time. People can vote for which songs they think “should not be missing” from the list and then the 2000 most popular songs are ordered by popularity and played on the radio during the last week of the year, ending with nr.1 at midnight on New Year’s Eve.

The band which features most heavily among the songs I vote for, which is featured pretty heavily in the list, is Muse. But also Radiohead, Dire Straits and Queen (who usually hold the number 1 spot with Bohemian Rhapsody).

So here goes my holiday music:

On early Christmas morning this year:

On Dec 31:

2 Likes

I will never understand how this wasn’t - and still isn’t - a huge Christmas hit:

3 Likes

Okay, okay. But Christmas doesn’t start till Hans Gruber falls off the Nakatomi Tower. :smiley:

Here’s one that is dated, but a bit more traditional.

5 Likes